Gingerbread House

Decorating By GulityPleasires Updated 22 Dec 2012 , 2:51pm by kikiandkyle

GulityPleasires Posted 21 Dec 2012 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 8

Good evening everyone.

Is there anything I can use other than Royal Icing to stick the gingerbread house together? I haven't got the time to make the royal icing but I have the gingerbread house ready to stick together. It took longer than I thought to make and cool it.

Many thanks :)

7 replies
-K8memphis Posted 21 Dec 2012 , 8:22pm
post #2 of 8

I use almond bark.

GulityPleasires Posted 21 Dec 2012 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 8

Whats that and can I buy it?

-K8memphis Posted 21 Dec 2012 , 8:30pm
post #4 of 8

Yes--oh wait you're in England? I mean I use a kind of 'chocolate' that's not make with cocoa butter so it's not called 'chocolate' but it's a chocolate type product. It's available in all of our regular grocery stores. It's sold where the regular chocolate chips and other chocolates are stored on the shelf in the baking aisle.


Not real sure how it is over the pond but in other words you can use white chocolate or the cheapest variation available.

GulityPleasires Posted 21 Dec 2012 , 8:33pm
post #5 of 8

Thats sounds like a plan!! Might try that :)

kikiandkyle Posted 21 Dec 2012 , 9:03pm
post #6 of 8

AI think baking chocolate is the closest thing to candy melts (what they're called here, I'm from the UK originally).

GulityPleasires Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 6:04am
post #7 of 8

AOoo we get kandy melts in the uk. they have them at hobbycraft :)

kikiandkyle Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 2:51pm
post #8 of 8

AYes, the Wilton candy dips are pretty much what almond bark is. Yay!

Quote by @%username% on %date%