People Trying To Scam Me

Business By aubasmif Updated 21 Dec 2012 , 3:19am by costumeczar

aubasmif Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aubasmif Posted 21 Dec 2012 , 12:27am
post #1 of 3

Hello Fellow CCer's,

Over the past several months (since October I believe) I have received numerous emails and texts from individuals wanting to place a huge cupcake order.  The emails and texts are always the same but from different people.

The content of the email usually goes a little something like this....

Hello This is Pat Aaron .i have a birthday party and so do you have cupcakes also do you accept credit card so if you have cupcakes in chocolate flavor butter cream icing i will be needing this information How much will 500 cupcakes regular size rose design will cost me ...... your address for the private carrier coming for the pickup ............. and actually, i don't have access to website because am not really good on computers i only bought the computer to for sending out mails and receiving mails only so i will be waiting for the reply. so get to me with the following information below...... Pickup Address: Total cost for the order: Personal cell #: Thanks Pat.

The very first email I rec'd I was so excited because someone wanted 350 cupcakes.  I responded to the email asking for more info and all they wanted was for me to tell them a price and know if they could use a credit card.  I responded with the question...where is the wedding taking place and they responded some city I wasn't familiar with.  I asked which state and they told me Nebraska.  Well, I live in Indiana.  I immediately thought to myself, someone is trying to scam and me and told them no thank you.

Since this first email, I have received 3 additional emails and 2 texts asking for cupcakes, referring to a refrigerated truck, etc...  Anyone else have this problem?

I have a friend in law enforcement & I have sent him the emails and text but at this time he says they can't do anything.  It's getting pretty annoying.  I don't want to change my email or my cell number.  

Any suggestions for this fed up baker. 

Thanks!!

2 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 21 Dec 2012 , 12:58am
post #2 of 3
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 21 Dec 2012 , 3:19am
post #3 of 3

That's my favorite..poor Mr. Snuffy.

I actually like the one who asked me for a "mighy cake" the best

Quote by @%username% on %date%