Kitchenaid 7 Qt Owners - Need Help

Decorating By tsal Updated 20 Dec 2012 , 10:40pm by tsal

tsal Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 7:34pm
post #1 of 4

Hi,

Dh just surprised me with an upgrade from my 4.5 qt Ultra Power to the 7 Qt.  I adjusted the bowl clearance on the flat beater so that it just clears the bowl (as indicated in the user manual).  My question is about the 11-wire whisk attachment.

It clears the bowl beautifully, but I swear I hear it tapping the sides of the bowl.  I called KitchenAid and a customer service rep told me that it will do this, but I wanted to double check to see if anyone else hears it tapping the sides of the bowl when it's going.

Thanks!

3 replies
bittersweety Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 9:46pm
post #2 of 4

AYes. the whisk attachment flexes slightly to make sure it can reach the bottom and sides and sometimes makes the tapping sound.

yortma Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 10:29pm
post #3 of 4

I have had my 7 qt cherry red KA since May of this year (mother's day gift from my DH).  I love it!  The whisk does make a tapping sound, but I have used it many times with no problems. My 6 qt does the same thing, so I never thought anything of it.  BTW there is a flat beater with the attached rubber scraper edge now available for the 7 qt bowl.  (I bought mine from Williams Sonoma).  Very handy. 

tsal Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 10:40pm
post #4 of 4

AThanks for the replies! I'm happy to hear that it's normal. :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%