cakesbycathy Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 3:50pm
post #1 of

I have a request for a wedding cake with a "Victorian western"  theme.

Suggestions on how to decorate???  The lady who ordered was no help.

It is only 2 tiers.

10 replies
AZCouture Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 3:53pm
post #2 of

Leather and lace, pinks and browns, buckles and brooches? Makes me think of a cowboy boot with a poofy lacy dress, things like that.

AZCouture Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 3:57pm
post #3 of

Actually, google steampunk...that's pretty much it right there minus the metals and gears and stuff. Mix it up with chic cowboy stuff, and that's about it.

MsGF Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 4:06pm
post #4 of

Reminds me of the old Western movies with the ladies in the old lacy dresses.   I believe AZCouture has nailed it.  Sound like a fun theme.

Good luck.

AZCouture Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 4:47pm
post #5 of

Kinda JEALOUS! What a great theme to work with!

cakesbycathy Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 10:08pm
post #6 of

Thanks!!

kblickster Posted 21 Dec 2012 , 1:53am
post #7 of

I was thinking of this kind of blouse so I googled Victorian riding clothes.....

kikiandkyle Posted 21 Dec 2012 , 2:31am
post #8 of

I saw this cake when I was looking at this site earlier, I think it's a good starting point http://bakemeacake.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=130&Itemid=135 (cake 16).

Evoir Posted 21 Dec 2012 , 3:42am
post #9 of

I suggest hiring out the film "Wild Wild West' starring Will Smith and Kevin Kline. Steampunk with a feminine touch!

Annabakescakes Posted 21 Dec 2012 , 3:51am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoir View Post

I suggest hiring out the film "Wild Wild West' starring Will Smith and Kevin Kline. Steampunk with a feminine touch!

I have this movie, but if you have Netflix, it's on there right now. 

MsGF Posted 21 Dec 2012 , 2:42pm

I love this cake, as an example.

http://www.thecakeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/steampunk_cake.jpg

But add a bit of Western with Horseshoes instead of feathers, or braided rope around the bottom of each tier, but keep the feminine ruffle too.  I think this cake is very pretty and could be used as a starting point.

Good Luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%