Aussie Bakers (Or Anyone Else In The Know) I Need Your Help.

Decorating By vgcea Updated 22 Dec 2012 , 9:23am by vgcea

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 18 Dec 2012 , 2:00am
post #1 of 7

I'm thinking of making the sour cream and white chocolate ganache in this recipe which uses :

Sour Cream and White Chocolate Ganache

200g white chocolate
88g sour cream

There's no information about refrigeration though. Does this ganache work like standard ganache that can be kept at room temp? I really would like to mix this ganache into SMBC. Anyone tried this?

I want the tang which is why I'm going for sour cream rather than heavy cream. If there's a different recipe that works better, please share. Thanks!!

http://www.exclusivelyfood.com.au/2006/07/white-chocolate-mud-cake-recipe.html

6 replies
zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 18 Dec 2012 , 3:00am
post #2 of 7

AYep, works like normal ganache and tastes amazing. The texture is a little different, but it behaves the same way when you're using it. I just use mr regular ganache recipe though. For white, three parts chocolate, one part cream or sour cream. I also do mine the Michelle Rea way in the microwave (see YouTube), its so nice and easy.

vgcea Posted 18 Dec 2012 , 3:10am
post #3 of 7

Thanks Zespri. Just made this, it tastes great. 

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 5:10am
post #4 of 7

I blend my ganaches into my SMBC and IMBC with no problems too.

HTH!

vgcea Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 8:41am
post #5 of 7

Thanks Evoir. Yep tried that with the leftover. I think I prefer to blend in ganache than straight chocolate, less chances for my chocolate seizing--that happened to me once, had to pass the BC off as intentionally having chunks of chocolate hehehee. Folks were just glad to have free cake and didn't care.

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 11:40pm
post #6 of 7

That is why I started doing it too. You can make quite a firm ganache, and it won't create hard lumps when blended into the MBC :-)

I love the way you can turn a negative into a selling feature!  Well done!

vgcea Posted 22 Dec 2012 , 9:23am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoir 

That is why I started doing it too. You can make quite a firm ganache, and it won't create hard lumps when blended into the MBC :-)

I love the way you can turn a negative into a selling feature!  Well done!

icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%