Ink4Cakes.com For Edible Printer?

Decorating By brown_suga Updated 27 Dec 2014 , 8:19pm by icingimages

brown_suga Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brown_suga Posted 17 Dec 2012 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 11

AI've been looking into purchasing an edible printing system and this website seems to have a pretty good deal on everything I'll need to get started. I'm just curious if any one has purchased with this company and if so what your experience was . Thank you

10 replies
KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 17 Dec 2012 , 9:11pm
post #2 of 11

I don't know anything about the site you posted but I have worked with icingimages.com for years and all of their products, programs, and support are amazing :)

studiocake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
studiocake Posted 16 Oct 2013 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 11

Please, please do not buy from this company..... we have had nothing but problems with replacements cartridges.  They offered no solution other than breathing on each of the cartridges and trying to take cartridges in and out of the printer to try to "confuse" it.  They also asked us to ship the defective cartridges back at my cost.  They would not ship replacements in a timely manner.

mfeagan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfeagan Posted 16 Oct 2013 , 6:59pm
post #4 of 11

Glad I read this. I was thinking about trying it!

studiocake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
studiocake Posted 16 Oct 2013 , 8:34pm
post #5 of 11

After having a difficult experience, I called Kopycake for help and support..... the tech was amazing!  He helped me understand and fix the problem as well as help me with refilling our current cartridges to save $$ in the future.  It was a great experience and their customer service was so understanding, helpful and supportive.

Smallfrye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Smallfrye Posted 16 Oct 2013 , 9:30pm
post #6 of 11

I have their Canon Pixma 5300 and have not had any problems with it yet. So far the print quality is amazing. It was my birthday present last year. It has worked well for me so I have not had to deal with their customer service other than ordering supplies, like ink and frosting sheets. I have tried other brands of sheets in mine and they worked fine as well. Mine was bought thru Sears.com they had a better deal on their site then the home site. I used to have a Epson from KopyKake which worked great when it was not clogged. That way my main reason to get the Canon.

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 12:06pm
post #7 of 11

I have one of their systems and have had excellent results with it.  I also like their frosting sheets as well...they are thicker than most and are really easy to work with.  I cut them all the time with  my Silhouette Cake and they can be cut into intricate designs with no problem.

melanie-1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melanie-1221 Posted 18 Oct 2013 , 12:24pm
post #8 of 11

I purchased the Canon Pixma iP3600 from them and love it! I also purchase my refill cartridges from them as well. I do a lot of printing and have had no problems.

1Smrtcookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1Smrtcookie Posted 17 Mar 2014 , 4:29pm
post #9 of 11

DO NOT USE INK 4 CAKES!!!!!

I have had nothing but issues with their printers and their ink cartridges and the tech support guy is NO help at all.

We had an order of 2500 images to send out in three days. We payed the extra money for overnight delivery and was promised that it would arrive next day. The next morning the conformation was sent and they didn't even ship it until three the day it was said to arrive. The boss was out of the office at the time and when we called on Monday he told us that it was our fault for not reading the fine print and would not do anything to remedy the situation. After a series of bad product experiences, adding a bad customer service experience was the icing on the cake.

We prefer KopyKake! They were able to help us on many occasions with tech support, and any time ink4cakes cartridges wouldn't work(pretty often), theirs would. Call Kopykake first!!!

bakerblissmaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakerblissmaker Posted 14 Dec 2014 , 7:46pm
post #10 of 11

AI have been using ink4cakes for a couple of years now and have had good and bad experiences with them. Their customer service has been so so, but what keeps me from going to other places are the shipping charges! It costs me just as much to ship as it does for the actual products and I cannot afford to do that with every order. Does anyone have any suggestions or is it possible I am not doing something correctly? I own a CANON PIXMA MP5300 series printer. I would so much appreciate your help on this!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 27 Dec 2014 , 8:19pm
post #11 of 11

Whenever you purchase from any company, shipping is based upon two things, weight and location. There is a base price for shipping and then the weight and location will increase the price.  However, if you order more at a time, you will notice that the shipping prices do not change until it peaks into the next weight category.  In addition, if you ship small packages more frequently you are always paying that base rate. It is best to order a 6 month supply if possible at a time.  Order an extra set of cartridges and an extra set of refill and you will find proportionally you will pay less overtime for shipping. We are always telling our customers who we notice are ordering a little at  a time, but several times over 1-3 months, to increase their orders and decrease their frequency. Remember too, quality will never be discounted (unless it is on sale). You do get what you pay in quality of product and quality of service. So it is important to save where you can, like in ordering more stock less frequently.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%