mareg Posted 17 Dec 2012 , 5:32pm
post #1 of

AHow do i get rid of spots in fondant that I just made? I indexed the heck out if it and still see them. Can it be fixed??

7 replies
Annabakescakes Posted 17 Dec 2012 , 5:42pm
post #2 of

AIndexed? Is that kneaded or mixed? LOL. Is is MMF MFF or some other kind? Are lumps or spots or coloring or powdered sugar? I'd love to help if I can!

mareg Posted 17 Dec 2012 , 9:06pm
post #3 of

ASORRY TYPO! I KNEADED IT!

mareg Posted 17 Dec 2012 , 9:07pm
post #4 of

AWhat I think happened was the flooring was not 100% dissolved.

Annabakescakes Posted 18 Dec 2012 , 2:53am
post #5 of

AThe flooring? Was it tile, vinyl or hard wood? Lmbo! Just kidding, I assume that was gelatin or marshmallow... Either way, the best you can do is start over, and sieve it with a fine screen when it is in the melted stage before the sugar goes in. Press it through with a rubber or silicone spatula. The lumps will remain.

Right now, there is noting to do but pick them all out, or throw it out.

Annabakescakes Posted 18 Dec 2012 , 3:06am
post #6 of

AFunny story, made some gorgeous supple fondant that was so good and really just a dream. Then I put a big wad of Americolor hot pink in it, with some tylose to make a bow. I kneaded the crap out of it forever but there were black spots in it! I assumed they were spots of color that mixed with tylose and I royally messed it up, but after I finally picked about 30 of them out, I realized there were tiny little hair like pieces also, and took a closer look and saw the dots were segments of ants!! I didn't know where they came from, and after searching the counter and shelf and bag and bowl and started to flip, because there was nothing there!! I finally squeezed some hot pink out onto a styrofoam plate and spread it around to look in it and BINGO! The ants were in it! Brand new bottle, the label was really easy to tear off when I got it though... Obviously, I threw it and the fondant out.

costumeczar Posted 18 Dec 2012 , 3:15am
post #7 of

AThat's a first! I also have to say that everyone should turn your autocorrects off!

mareg Posted 18 Dec 2012 , 9:42pm
post #8 of

AOMG FUNNY!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%