Fat Daddio's Silicone Workmat Versus Ateco Blue Mat

Decorating By SandyES00 Updated 9 Feb 2013 , 11:51pm by mbranko24

SandyES00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandyES00 Posted 17 Dec 2012 , 12:51pm
post #1 of 4

Just wondering if people had any recommendations on these two items.  My husband got me the Fat Daddio's one, but I don't know much about it.  Any help would be great.

3 replies
MELROSE315 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MELROSE315 Posted 9 Feb 2013 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 4

Hi.. I have not used either one but I spent some time researching these and finally bought "the mat" by sweet wise... I love it and it keeps your fondant from drying out then your working.

newbaker55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newbaker55 Posted 9 Feb 2013 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 4

I could hardly wait for The Mat to be available...I was drooling! The UPS gods would soon deliver the answer to my fondant prayers.

Yes, I 'primed' with shortening and wiped off most. Yes, I gave it a fair chance to 'season'. Yes to all the tips and tricks I learned on YouTube. The Mat performs...I just hate storing the damned thing(s)...it's like trying to re-fold a map. I can NEVER get the corners to meet or get it rolled right to put back in the frickin' tubeicon_cry.gif

Long story short...I eventually purchased the large Ateco blue mat and cut up the 'other(s)' to use as coverings.

The end.

mbranko24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbranko24 Posted 9 Feb 2013 , 11:51pm
post #4 of 4

AI second the blue Ateco mat!!! I love it! I also have the Mat and never use it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%