50 Lb Bags Of Queen Guinevere Cake Flour

Business By VanillaSky Updated 13 Dec 2012 , 5:31pm by VanillaSky

VanillaSky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VanillaSky Posted 12 Dec 2012 , 9:38pm
post #1 of 3

ADoes anyone else purchase 50# bags of Queen Guinevere cake flour? I have started purchasing them through a local distributor with a cash and carry option. The first bag that I bought I did not closely inspect until I went to open it and the corner of the bag, once untucked, was clearly not sealed and bugs had gotten into it. I went back an ordered another bag and inspected it at the distributor, and it had the same problem. I pointed out the problem and they brought a new bag. This bad had a carefully folded top corner but when you unfolded it, you could see inside the bag. The flour in this bag seemed fine. The distributor seemed surprised by this but guessed that this was a pour spout.

Can anyone confirm? These bags are intended to be shipped in freight trucks and stored in industrial warehouses. why not completely seal them?

2 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 13 Dec 2012 , 12:22am
post #2 of 3

You need to IMMEDIATELTY email King Arthur Flour at source.  I suspect that the 50# bags do indeed leave their mill sealed somehow.

Follow the links from www.kingarthurflour.com 

VanillaSky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VanillaSky Posted 13 Dec 2012 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 3

AThank you. I sent an email to customer service. I hope I don't have to wait too long for a response.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%