Sugarveil Burlap And Needlepoint

Decorating By emilyg Updated 2 Aug 2013 , 12:37am by ttaunt

Omas Cakes Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 7:02pm
post #31 of 41

ALove the cake heartsnsync! You did a great job!

shanter Posted 7 Jun 2013 , 7:20pm
post #32 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicciZ 

I see how the burlap is done but how do you create individual looking stitching effect with Sugarveil? I'm not familiar with Sugarveil.icon_smile.gif

This video demonstrates the decorating principle:

With the Sugarveil grid, you wouldn't have to pipe all of those lines before doing the actual "stitching" of the pattern. And you can tint your royal icing to make colored patterns (such as for cross-stich or needlepoint.

emilyg Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 4:33am
post #33 of 41

Wonderful job, Heartsnsync!

I'd love to show it off via SugarVeil Icing's Facebook page, with a link to your website, if you'd like. Would you be able to PM me a hi-res version of the photo and a website for the ensuing applause?

Thank you!

BrandisBaked Posted 9 Jun 2013 , 5:28pm
post #34 of 41

AVery cool!

cakebloomers Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 2:32am
post #35 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8325mom 

Yes there is a customer who wants burlap on her wedding cake. I have been looking for what feels like days for a way to make burlap out f fondant. I'm so excited to find this post. Thank you for thinking outside the box.

You can also roll out fondant and impress a burlap pattern with a piece of clean real burlap.....have done this in the past with lace as well.

Annabakescakes Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 5:09am
post #36 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakebloomers 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8325mom 

Yes there is a customer who wants burlap on her wedding cake. I have been looking for what feels like days for a way to make burlap out f fondant. I'm so excited to find this post. Thank you for thinking outside the box.

You can also roll out fondant and impress a burlap pattern with a piece of clean real burlap.....have done this in the past with lace as well.

Surely you don't mean real burlap? That's nasty!

ttaunt Posted 29 Jul 2013 , 7:25pm
post #37 of 41

Can I buy the mats and the sugarveil and the complete instructions on how to use them at Michael's or Hobby Lobby?

Annabakescakes Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 7:33am
post #38 of 41

ANo, you may be able to find them at a specialty cake shop, but purchasing online is you best bet.

ttaunt Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 3:25pm
post #39 of 41

Thanks,will research that.

heartsnsync Posted 30 Jul 2013 , 11:46pm
post #40 of 41

If you go directly onto the Sugarveil website they list some vendors. It is not readily available in very many places, which is a shame. I have been speaking with my local cake supply shop and showing her what the product is all about. Hopefully she wills start carrying it soon so it will make it easier for me to order.

ttaunt Posted 2 Aug 2013 , 12:37am
post #41 of 41

I found a polyester ribbon at walmart that looks almost exactly like burlap. There is no shredding or loose fibers on it at all.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%