Wedding Cake Ideas Please!

Decorating By sophymalik Updated 20 Dec 2012 , 11:32pm by sophymalik

sophymalik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sophymalik Posted 8 Dec 2012 , 7:52pm
post #1 of 10

hi, i was hoping you guys could help me!

my sisters wedding is coming up and she wants me to make the cake! icon_biggrin.gif

but i dont have many ideas.

the colours of the wedding are violet and white.

she wants some edible violet roses

she wants it to be simple over 2 or 3 tiers

please help me guys! :)

9 replies
shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 8 Dec 2012 , 8:30pm
post #3 of 10

AI think the best tasting is buttercream so once you get an idea of the cake just my opion is all buttercream cake I have a yummy bc recipe that crust let me know if you would like the recipe

SweetCheeksCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetCheeksCake Posted 11 Dec 2012 , 5:40pm
post #4 of 10

If she wants it simple I'd do roses as the borders in between the tiers. It's really elegant looking and should be fairly easy to do. Good luck!

sophymalik Posted 12 Dec 2012 , 8:00am
post #5 of 10

thank you guys lots :)

kazita 

awesome! could i have the recipe, that would be great thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

kazita Posted 12 Dec 2012 , 10:53am
post #6 of 10

A2 cups high ratio shortening 2 teaspoons clear butter flavoring 4 teaspoofuls clear vanilla extract 20 teaspoofuls heavy whipping cream ( to start out with you will need more to thin the icing) 2Tablespoons meringue powder 2 pounds good brand like C and H powered sugar sifted. I love high ratio shortening it really makes a smooth , creamy icing. This is not to be confused with Crisco or store brand shortening you can only find high ratio shortening at a cake supply store or order it online you can get it in 3 pound tubs or 50 pound blocks. I myself prefer the CK brand . I've never used sweetex or alpine don't buy sweetex z that has zero trans fats and you want the trans fats in your shortening anyways I buy mine from the cake supply store . So take your 2 cups shortening in put into mixer mix for a minute to get it creamy add the butter flavoring, vanilla extract and start out with 20 teaspoofuls of heavy whipping cream. Mix this on medium /high for a couple of minutes stop mixer and add meringue power mix on low until that's mixed in now slowly add powered sugar a cup at a time do this on low so that you don't have the sugar flying all over coming out of the mixer when you get to the last of the sugar you may need to very slowly add extra heavy whipping cream a teaspoon at a time mix than add mix than add you need to get it to the right consistency that you want it to be so you would use more creamer to get a consistency of light aand fluffy to ice a cake or you would leave it with alittle less creamer if you want you use your icing for flowers and decorating. When I get it to the consistency that I want for icing my cake I let the mixer go on medium/high for a good 3 or 4 minutes it makes it very creamy.when I'm going to use it for flowers and such I still have it to where my KA mixer can mix it it's just at a lower speed and less creamer in it. This makes a crusting buttercream icing. Again I can't stress high ratio shortening enough if you are not close to any cake supply stores it's worth it to buy online just do a Google search for VK high ratio shortening and find a website that sells it a 3 pound tub cost me $13.50 but that doesn't take into account that I'm driving an hour away from home to get it so figure if you have to buy online to pay somewhere from $18 to $20 for a tub of it after shipping but it's well worth it. So is using heavy whipping cream rather than using water or milk I use to use milk but tried the heavy whipping cream one time and have never turned back my husband says I couldn't get any more fat in there if I tried lol. Now I don't claim that this is the worlds ggreatest buttercream it's just my recipe that I've been perfecting on for over the last ten years. And if I haven't recommend going to Edna website yet you really should she has some good videos to watch on there www Designmeacake.com. let me know if you have any questions. HAPPY BAKING

kazita Posted 12 Dec 2012 , 10:53am
post #7 of 10

A2 cups high ratio shortening 2 teaspoons clear butter flavoring 4 teaspoofuls clear vanilla extract 20 teaspoofuls heavy whipping cream ( to start out with you will need more to thin the icing) 2Tablespoons meringue powder 2 pounds good brand like C and H powered sugar sifted. I love high ratio shortening it really makes a smooth , creamy icing. This is not to be confused with Crisco or store brand shortening you can only find high ratio shortening at a cake supply store or order it online you can get it in 3 pound tubs or 50 pound blocks. I myself prefer the CK brand . I've never used sweetex or alpine don't buy sweetex z that has zero trans fats and you want the trans fats in your shortening anyways I buy mine from the cake supply store . So take your 2 cups shortening in put into mixer mix for a minute to get it creamy add the butter flavoring, vanilla extract and start out with 20 teaspoofuls of heavy whipping cream. Mix this on medium /high for a couple of minutes stop mixer and add meringue power mix on low until that's mixed in now slowly add powered sugar a cup at a time do this on low so that you don't have the sugar flying all over coming out of the mixer when you get to the last of the sugar you may need to very slowly add extra heavy whipping cream a teaspoon at a time mix than add mix than add you need to get it to the right consistency that you want it to be so you would use more creamer to get a consistency of light aand fluffy to ice a cake or you would leave it with alittle less creamer if you want you use your icing for flowers and decorating. When I get it to the consistency that I want for icing my cake I let the mixer go on medium/high for a good 3 or 4 minutes it makes it very creamy.when I'm going to use it for flowers and such I still have it to where my KA mixer can mix it it's just at a lower speed and less creamer in it. This makes a crusting buttercream icing. Again I can't stress high ratio shortening enough if you are not close to any cake supply stores it's worth it to buy online just do a Google search for VK high ratio shortening and find a website that sells it a 3 pound tub cost me $13.50 but that doesn't take into account that I'm driving an hour away from home to get it so figure if you have to buy online to pay somewhere from $18 to $20 for a tub of it after shipping but it's well worth it. So is using heavy whipping cream rather than using water or milk I use to use milk but tried the heavy whipping cream one time and have never turned back my husband says I couldn't get any more fat in there if I tried lol. Now I don't claim that this is the worlds ggreatest buttercream it's just my recipe that I've been perfecting on for over the last ten years. And if I haven't recommend going to Edna website yet you really should she has some good videos to watch on there www Designmeacake.com. let me know if you have any questions. HAPPY BAKING

kazita Posted 12 Dec 2012 , 10:55am
post #8 of 10

AOk than I only hit the summit button once don't know why it did that

kazita Posted 12 Dec 2012 , 11:06am
post #9 of 10

ASmall typo it's CK brand shortening not VK and I'll type Ednas website in again to see if you can just click on the link to get there Www.designmeacake.com

sophymalik Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 11:32pm
post #10 of 10

wow! thank you soo much! your amazing! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%