Chocolate Marshmallow Fondant

Baking By mamas07 Updated 5 Dec 2012 , 12:36am by mamas07

mamas07 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamas07 Posted 4 Dec 2012 , 7:11pm
post #1 of 4

Hi guys!

I am new to this site and cake decorating...Mainly do cakes for frends and family.. I would like to make a cake for a friend for her birthday this weekend.. she wants a 49er cake and I was thinking about making chocolate fondant since she likes chocolate BUT i wanted to change the colore from brown to possibly burgundy being the 49ers are now a burgundy color. Do you have any ideas on how to acheive that color?

Also, i have seen tons of recipes for CMMF but the ones I have seen use cocoa powder does anyone have one using milk chocolate chips?? would that give it a chocolater taste??

Trying to make ahead to make the cake this friday or saturday.

All advice/recipes is much appreciated!! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
mamas07 Posted 4 Dec 2012 , 7:30pm
post #2 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamas07 

Hi guys!

I am new to this site and cake decorating...Mainly do cakes for frends and family.. I would like to make a cake for a friend for her birthday this weekend.. she wants a 49er cake and I was thinking about making chocolate fondant since she likes chocolate BUT i wanted to change the colore from brown to possibly burgundy being the 49ers are now a burgundy color. Do you have any ideas on how to acheive that color?

Also, i have seen tons of recipes for CMMF but the ones I have seen use cocoa powder does anyone have one using milk chocolate chips?? would that give it a chocolater taste??

Trying to make ahead to make the cake this friday or saturday.

All advice/recipes is much appreciated!! icon_biggrin.gif

Also I was thinking about using peanut butter frosting with this... would that  be okay to use under the cmmf?

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 4 Dec 2012 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 4

The only color I've changed chocolate fondant to, other than brown is black.  I'm not sure it would be possible to achieve a burgundy color. 

mamas07 Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 12:36am
post #4 of 4

Aive read that neon pink and black makes burgundy-- can i use gels in the chocolate fondant to make it burgundy??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%