I like all flavors of cake but lemon cake is my favorite this is the recipe of lemon cake;
1/2 cup butter, softened
1-3/4 cups sugar
6 egg yolks
2-1/2 cups sifted cake flour
2-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup plus 3 Tablespoons milk
1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 9-inch cake pans.
2. In a mixer, cream the butter then add the sugar, beating well.
3. Reduce speed to medium and add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
5. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Stir in the lemon rind.
6. Pour batter into prepared cake pans, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until cake tests done with toothpick or cake tester.
7. Cool layers in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely before frosting. [url=http://historyofislama.blogspot.com/]history of Islam[/url]