First Ever Topsy Turvey

Lounge By LibertysCakes Updated 3 Dec 2012 , 6:12pm by LibertysCakes

LibertysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LibertysCakes Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 4:31am
post #1 of 3

AWell ..I did it!! I completed my FIRST EVER topsy turvey cake And let me tell you I was STRESSED OUT!! LOL . The client didn't want fondant so I made it with buttercream and by the time the cake was finished it looked great ..that is until 3 hours later when the buttercream started melting :-( ...thank goodness for refrigeration !! All in all I think it turned out ok ..great practice :grin:

2 replies
shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 3

yay that is soo exciting! i purchased the pan, but no one has ordered one yet and i have yet to try them out, im scared too! LOL, any tips for me?

LibertysCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LibertysCakes Posted 3 Dec 2012 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 3

AI used reg Wilton cake pans and and cut the cake according to what the lady on you tube suggested but found it easier to make one extra layer And cut that at an angle . They recommend cutting the bottom down by 2" for example if your using an 8" than you would cut the base down to 6" but I only cut mine down to 6.5" in fear it would fall over ..LoL :grin: for the 6" I cut the base down to 5" and I left the 4" and just trimmed it up. A good tip to making the center hole is to slice your cakes in half and fill them with frosting or your choice of filling and then when you go to cut the center out it just "pops" out and it is level..no scrapping..:grin: I hope this helps... GOOD LUCK!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%