First Cake, Last Cake

Lounge By ChrisJack1 Updated 25 Aug 2013 , 6:27pm by OhSweetDs

viannescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
viannescakes Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 7:48pm
post #61 of 72

Love this idea!!!  And it's great to see everyone's cakes with so much improvements, you guys rock!!

Here are mine:

First decorated cake - final cake from Wilton class course 1, made in August 2012, just a year ago:

Then this is the second latest one, which is my favorite, done in May 2013, 9 months later since the first attempt:

This is my entry into a local cake show. I entered in hobbist division and won the first place.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 10:32pm
post #62 of 72

Good News Folks, Your later ones look beautiful and neat as a pin, and your first ones look like the loving creations & delicious tasty cakes.......I'd be happy to receive any of them, and all of them!!! Especially as the Buttercream ones just make my taste buds smile in anticipation of a creamy delicious bite.....

MissAnn1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissAnn1 Posted 21 Aug 2013 , 10:36pm
post #63 of 72

AOh...you are too kind! :-)

OhSweetDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhSweetDs Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 4:11pm
post #64 of 72

A[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3084310/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Here's my first ever cake, made for a 1 year olds cake smash photo shoot last weekend (August 18, 2013) ! I'll post my most recent when I finish it this weekend!

MissAnn1 Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 4:13pm
post #65 of 72

AThis is adorable!

bluemonkeycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bluemonkeycakes Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 8:36pm
post #66 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertysCakes 

My first real attempt at making a cake..may I  remind you that I am a do-it-yourselfer..lol...I have not taken one cake class in my life..def. rethinking it after looking at this cake..lol..but it was for my daughter and to her it was the greatest thing on earth..icon_biggrin.gif

image.jpg

this is a cake I just completed over the weekend. I watched a you tube video on how to cut the cake but that didnt work out so good..so i just started cutting..i still have a LONG way to go but practice makes perfect right???thumbs_up.gif

This is amazing! I love it - very Charlie and the Chocolate Factory-esque. Fab job! :-)

MissAnn1 Posted 22 Aug 2013 , 8:51pm
post #67 of 72

AOh my goodness! I would never believe you were not a pro. Both cakes are beautiful!

Toodee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toodee Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 10:32am
post #68 of 72

I grew up helping mum decorate birthday cakes from the Australian Women's Weekly Birthday Cake book so this wasn't my first cake that I decorated but it was the first time I used fondant. I had NO idea you were supposed to crumbcoat the cake before putting fondant on. Someone told me just to use warmed apricot jam to stick it to the cake. I also didn't have a fondant smoother so just used my hands. This was my son's 1st birthday cake. I was so proud at the time but cringe so much looking at it now. 

I made this recently for my brother and SIL. I was so honoured that they asked me to make their cake :)

AppleMark

MissAnn1 Posted 24 Aug 2013 , 11:33am
post #69 of 72

ABEAUTIFUL!

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 25 Aug 2013 , 12:14am
post #70 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toodee 

I made this recently for my brother and SIL. I was so honoured that they asked me to make their cake :)

AppleMark

oh this is a beautiful cake!! very gorgeous!

Toodee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Toodee Posted 25 Aug 2013 , 2:45am
post #71 of 72

Thankyou :) I was very proud of this one too.

OhSweetDs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhSweetDs Posted 25 Aug 2013 , 6:27pm
post #72 of 72

AHere's the most recent cake I did this weekend for a friend's son & daughter :)

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3086297/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%