Inlay Question

Decorating By pipesqueak Updated 1 Dec 2012 , 12:47am by pipesqueak

pipesqueak Posted 30 Nov 2012 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 3

AHi everyone. I'm wondering about the cakes that have an inlaid look like an oval shape with a monogram or other writing on them. I'm talking about doing these on buttercream. I know how to inlay on fondant but how do you get that look on buttercream? I've searched every way I can think of to find a tutorial and haven't been able to find one. Any help would be much appreciated!

2 replies
DeliciousDesserts Posted 1 Dec 2012 , 12:21am
post #2 of 3

AI'm not entirely certain what you mean. Can you share an image?

pipesqueak Posted 1 Dec 2012 , 12:47am
post #3 of 3

AI can't find the picture but it was just a cake frosted in I think blue buttercream and it had an oval area on top that was white with the names or a monogram in it. . It was smooth and level with the cake like an inlaid plaque but looked like it was just white buttercream..not a gumpaste plaque

Quote by @%username% on %date%