Can Someone Help Me Find This Machine Name???

Decorating By Leahmaria7981 Updated 2 Dec 2012 , 5:03pm by linedancer

Leahmaria7981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leahmaria7981 Posted 29 Nov 2012 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 6

There is a machine that is similar to a cricut but doesn't use the cartridges. It uses a computer program and prints and cuts from that program. I saw a demo of it at a cake competition and have lost the card. Does anyone have any idea what i am talking about? 

5 replies
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 29 Nov 2012 , 5:27pm
post #2 of 6

Most likely a Silhouette Cameo. Around $300, and you can get it from Linda McClure, with her special blade holder and blade for cutting gumpaste, disc, and instruction manual for $85. I have them both. I cut icing sheets before I got her blade, but I couldnt cut gumpaste, I tried!! I haven't tried the new blade yet. http://www.*******************/catalog.html

Annabakescakes Posted 29 Nov 2012 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 6

Nice, what super sweet thing to do. Just replace all those stars with Des eret  De signs ,without all the spaces.  And "Linda McClure Silhouette"

Leahmaria7981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leahmaria7981 Posted 29 Nov 2012 , 5:34pm
post #4 of 6

Thank you sooo much! That is what I was looking for. Since you have both, which do you prefer? It seems the silhouette can do more than a cricut without having to buy all the different cartridges. 

Annabakescakes Posted 29 Nov 2012 , 5:54pm
post #5 of 6

I'm sorry for not being clear, but I meant I have the Silhouette and the special blade, not the Cricut. I had a regular silhouette long before the Cameo came out, and before the SD (previous version) came out, and before Cricut cake came out.

I was sightly tempted by the Cricut Cake, but knew I would wait for the price to come down, if I were to ever purchase it. Once I learned that you HAVE to have cartridges, I knew it was not for me. There is no way I use any of them enough to justify the price of them, and I knew that there would e hundreds of things I would want to cut that that aren't on there. To me, it is a no-brainer. 

I cut free fonts for cakes to make lettering, and designs, and I pride myself on being completely custom. I have made dozens of stencils that I have used a single time. Like a custom border that had the bride and groom's initials in it, some the shape of Jamaica and Kentucky, and other little items. I can't do that with the cricut. 

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 2 Dec 2012 , 5:03pm
post #6 of 6

Silhouette also offers the Portrait now, which is the new 8 inch cutting version, a bit cheaper than the Cameo..I am still using my SD, do lots of edible images, cookie bag toppers and boxes with it. 

http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/silhouettePortrait.aspx

You might be able to find it a bit cheaper somewhere else.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%