Am I Overreacting About This Contract Change?

Business By jenmat Updated 28 Nov 2012 , 8:56pm by FromScratchSF

Dr_Hfuhruhurr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dr_Hfuhruhurr Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 8:10pm
post #61 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godot 

It was my comment you edited.

I never called anyone stupid. I said that it was a stupid thing to write. Two completely different animals :-)

Count yourself lucky to only be edited, I guess.  My post was deleted in its entirety, presumably because I objected to the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF 

Attornies have specialties. They arent jack-of-all trades. So just because he has a law degree doesn't mean he is qualified in contract law. See, he wasn't giving you advice on how your contract is illegal, all he did was change the wording to further benefit HIM, knowing that most people would go "huh, well he's a LAWYER so he Knows and I must be wrong!". I assure you, in most cases they don't have a clue what they are doing. They literally rely on you feeling inferior when they waive that law degree in your face.

I'm all for moderation of forums, and I think people should be able to express their opinions without fear of mean or nasty reprisals/comments, but the deletion of my response is disturbing.  So, it's okay to express very negative views about other people, but it's not okay for those other people to call you out for being rude?

For the record, in addition to taking exception to the above quote, my post contained a lot of useful information regarding contracts and indemnification agreements. This information was provided in an effort to assist the OP, who had asked a question on the topic.  I guess I should have opted instead for snarky comments about lawyers, instead of addressing the issue presented.  Maybe then my post would still be around.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 8:30pm
post #62 of 67

Final warning, I am attempting to use my best judgment in keeping an interesting and useful and informational debate going.  Believe me, It would be a much better use of my time if I lock or delete the thread and go on with my day.  If you have an issue with a comment I've edited or deleted send me a private message to discuss.  

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 8:32pm
post #63 of 67

A

Original message sent by Dr_Hfuhruhurr

Count yourself lucky to only be edited, I guess.  My post was deleted in its entirety

I took another look at your post (from the email notification) and aside from the first sentence it seemed pretty tame. The only reason I can think of for why it was deleted instead of edited was because you were responding to FromScratchSF, who is a moderator. If that's true it is troubling, since moderators are supposed to be impartial. There's a reason many forums do not allow a moderator to moderate individual threads they have participated in.

jenmat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenmat Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 8:35pm
post #64 of 67

Good grief everyone. I don't want to get in trouble for starting this- maybe we can just let this go, huh? Anyway, it's already done and gone and I really do appreciate all the useful feedback. 

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 8:35pm
post #65 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF 

Final warning, I am attempting to use my best judgment in keeping an interesting and useful and informational debate going.  Believe me, It would be a much better use of my time if I lock or delete the thread and go on with my day.  If you have an issue with a comment I've edited or deleted send me a private message to discuss.  

I don't have an issue - just wanted to explain.

have a great day!

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 8:45pm
post #66 of 67

AI agree, it might be time to lock this thread anyway since it's pretty much run its course. But it does have a lot of good information so I definitely wouldn't delete it.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 28 Nov 2012 , 8:56pm
post #67 of 67

Done.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%