Cake Transport Help

Decorating By Lizmybit Updated 26 Nov 2012 , 6:45pm by HowToIceACake

Lizmybit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lizmybit Posted 24 Nov 2012 , 2:00am
post #1 of 7

AHello friends!!! I'm in need of ideas on how to get a stacked caked from Chicago to Atlanta in one piece. I use the SPS stacking system but I will not be traveling with the cake. I am looking for advice from anyone who has sent a cake on an 11 hour plus trip. I was thinking about sending the cake frozen hoping it would offer more stability.

Thanks in advance!

Beth

6 replies
Lizmybit Posted 24 Nov 2012 , 2:01am
post #2 of 7

AI should point out its a big cake 14-12-10-8-6 inch cakes

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Nov 2012 , 2:33am
post #3 of 7

So how is it getting there?  In someone's car?  If so, just put it in a box the same size as the cake drum, tape it up and load into the SUV or van (hopefully.)  As IndyDebi always says, if a cake will travel 5 miles, it will travel 50.  Or 500.

Lizmybit Posted 24 Nov 2012 , 2:42am
post #4 of 7

Thanks Leah, It is going in someones car.  I am waiting to hear what kind of car she has.  Thanks for the advice. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Nov 2012 , 2:45am
post #5 of 7

In addition to what leashs said, make sure they put the cake on a *flat* surface. The trunk probably would be best.  Aslo advise them that they need to be careful driving - no sudden stops, tight turns etc.   

Lizmybit Posted 24 Nov 2012 , 3:04am
post #6 of 7

Right, I've advised her to bring some plywood becasue she has an accord and I think they have bucket seats in the back.  This way if the cake doesn't fit in the trunk the back seats will be level.  I used to have an Altima and I had a hard time getting tall cakes in the trunk.  However I also always but down that rubber drawer lining materaial so the box becomes non-skid.

HowToIceACake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HowToIceACake Posted 26 Nov 2012 , 6:45pm
post #7 of 7

I had to transport a delicate chocolate wedding cake once in van.  We placed the cake on a non-slip mat on the floor of the van, and also wrapped bubble wrap around it to protect it as much as possible.  Fortunately it arrived in one piece!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%