abccupcakes Posted 23 Nov 2012 , 10:02pm
post #1 of

Hi,

I've been working on upgrading my matrix and thought I would share.

Feel free to make the changes you need.

You can also e-mail me with questions if you have any j@abccupcakes.net

I use it with excel 2010 let me know if some parts don't work for you.

45 replies
mydearbakes Posted 26 Nov 2012 , 9:59am
post #2 of

Another great price matrix! Thanks for sharing! Going to try it out =)

simpliterrific Posted 30 Jan 2013 , 2:14pm
post #3 of

this is awesome!!!! this helps me so much

jstamoore Posted 30 Jan 2013 , 2:32pm
post #4 of

Thanks for sharing!

KikisCakery Posted 23 Feb 2013 , 8:51pm
post #5 of

This is amazing! Thanks for sharing.

cjett Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 2:32pm
post #6 of

Thank You!!! Very user friendly

crustdust Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 2:53pm
post #7 of

AThank you!!

Crazy-Gray Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 4:18pm
post #8 of

This is a lovely spreadsheet thank you! It must  have taken you ages to fine tune it so well!

It took me a minute to work out your servings; they’re 1-and-a-half inch by 2 inch servings right?

It might be neat to add a little conditional formatting on your portion/pan guide section that will highlight what pans people could use for the servings they are pricing for;

This is how I would to it:

You would need to add conditional formatting for each of your pan serving numbers (N33 to N42, P33:41 and R33:36)

To highlights the pan serving number if it is equal to, or up to 10 servings more than, the number of servings in C6:

Go to conditional formatting, ‘choose highlight if between’, for the first value choose C6 and for the second value write C6+10

Set your highlight however you like :)

Great job though!! :)

AndiDawn Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 9:10pm
post #9 of

This is great!  This confirms my thought that I am to cheap!  Thanks

rocco90046 Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 9:15pm

You are a lifes saver, thanks for sharing.  I noticed you don't have the cost of labor for decorating on your matrix.  The price list i have always followed for wedding cakes is 3.00 a slice and 30.00/hour for decorating.  That was the basic formula I got from culinary school. Would be interested in your input on that formula. Thanks again for sharing your matrix. 

Rocco Camarillo

DaCakeDiva Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 9:17pm

AOkay is this the one for math dummies cause if so I need the tutorial. Numbers make sleepy. Can you make one for me and pretend I'm 4. Lol

dmchagaris Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 9:19pm

WOW - thank you so much. This is exactly what I needed.

renaeheineck Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 9:43pm

The spreadsheet downloaded, but was distorted, would you please email it as an attachment to customcakes@onlinenw.com Thanks, hopefully it will come better formatted. I'm sure it has something to do with two different versions of Excell.

Heatherly30 Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 9:51pm

This is awesome, amazing!!  I was going to ask what formula you use to determine your cost per serving, and then I saw the second tab in the spreadsheet.  I assume I can edit those fields too.  I'm fascinated!!

pastrycutie75 Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 10:20pm

You are an absolute life saver!!!!!!!!!

Mamabakescakes Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 10:34pm

Looks great. Thank you for  sharing.  

Am I supposed to be able to change the purple cells?  I'm using a mac and don't have excel.  Any one know if I can use this?

vcheddar Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 10:35pm

Thank you so much for sharing! I had no idea how to figure out the cost, and although I don't bake for a living, every now and then I am asked to make one.

vcheddar Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 10:37pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamabakescakes 

Looks great. Thank you for  sharing.  

Am I supposed to be able to change the purple cells?  I'm using a mac and don't have excel.  Any one know if I can use this?

I think you will probably need to get excel or a program that can read and manipulate excel files.  Each cell has formulas that will automatically update the price, etc.  This is for PC, but I am sure macs can read pc files these days assuming you have the correct program to run it. good luck

lucy74 Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 10:57pm

thank you.

ManuelaMM Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 11:10pm

Thank you for sharing it with us.  Very appreciated.

Bzc8lda Posted 26 Feb 2013 , 11:39pm

Oh Wow!!! Thank you, this is a good guide. I been charging too little. :(

kchun Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 1:13am

Thanks for posting. This matrix is amazing! you just made my life SO much easier lol

BakinWithBarbie Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 1:28am

This is amazing!! Saving for the future!! icon_biggrin.gif Thanks!! 

latoft Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 2:38am

Brilliant!  Thank you!!

bakedindy Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 3:10am

Thank you!  This is going to be so useful.  I'm just a hobbyist at home caker.  I sell some cakes, like maybe 2 a month and love it.  Pricing is always a tough one for me, so this will help a lot.  Thanks so much!!

krez Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 4:51am

thanks so much this is very helpful

plcharles Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 4:56am

Thank you for sharing!

cakefat Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 8:59am

For the Mac user- you just need Excel software installed on your computer. Macs can read files made by PCs...but you do need that software..just like you would if  you had a PC too.

I use a Mac too and there are not any issues at all in opening/using the price matrix excel file (I do have excel installed).

OP- thank you for the spreadsheet! That is fantastic!

Mamabakescakes Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 1:12pm

thank you.

Tisha1117 Posted 27 Feb 2013 , 2:13pm

thaaaaaaaaank you for posting!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%