Piping Swirls On Butterceram Cake

Decorating By mmmcake0072 Updated 23 Nov 2012 , 8:08pm by leah_s

mmmcake0072 Posted 23 Nov 2012 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 4

I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to pipe swirls on buttercream?  Does it have to be done with buttercream or can I use royal icing?  Customer wants it very smooth and clean looking.......Cake is setting up in the fridge right now,figured someone out there would have some helpful tips.  Thank you!

3 replies
leah_s Posted 23 Nov 2012 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 4

AI tend to use an imprinted so that I know exactly where the swirls will be placed and that they will be uniform. Bc or royal - your choice.

mmmcake0072 Posted 23 Nov 2012 , 3:47pm
post #3 of 4

So you can use royal icing on buttercream?  I was planning on using an imprint on the cake first and then go over it.

leah_s Posted 23 Nov 2012 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 4

I would use bc, just so I didn't have to make up another batch of something.  Why couldn't you use ri on bc?

Quote by @%username% on %date%