Help! Praline Pecan Help!

Baking By Aliwis000 Updated 20 Nov 2012 , 11:31pm by BakingIrene

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 20 Nov 2012 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 2

Hello everyone! Boy has it been a long time since I have posted! I have missed you!

I come to you with a big ask. I am looking for a recipe for praline pecans. All I can find online are the recipes/instructions for making the usually round cookie like or "clump" pecans we have seen before. However I recently had some praline pecans from a gas station chain we have here in Texas called Bucees. Before you start asking why a gas station sales homemade pecans and other sweets its a long story. :) Anyway their pecans are individual halfs with a praline coating sort of like the ones in the link below. (Last picture). I am at a loss on how to make these this way and not have them the "cookie" or lump way. I can find the pictures of them but they are all for sale from bakeries and other online stores.

I hope this makes some sense and you ladies (and guys! :) ) always have the best information on the web!

Thank you in advance!

Alicia

http://texassamplerfoods.com/?wpsc_product_category=nut-mixes-candy

1 reply
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 20 Nov 2012 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 2

That's easy.

First of all you use 3X more pecans than a regular praline recipe.  Use only halves and use a high-temperature silicone spatula so you don't break them up.  

Some recipes ask for a small amount of powdered sugar to be added to the cooked praline syrup to get the small sugar crystals growing.  This will help here.

Finally, you pick the nuts apart and toss them onto a piece of parchment instead of dropping spoonfuls.  Use either a silicone glove or a couple of forks and work real fast.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%