SabineGarrido Posted 20 Nov 2012 , 3:40am
post #1 of

I am setting up my own production space for my little cake making business and am having a hard time figuring out what to use for storing the fondanted cakes in, since refridgeration is not an option, because of the condensation. In my old job we had a chocolate room that worked pretty good, but I was hoping not to have to build one. Can anyone give me some suggestions what other professionals use?

Thanks

Sabine

3 replies
cai0311 Posted 20 Nov 2012 , 3:23pm
post #2 of

I refrigerate 100% of my cakes, including all my fondant covered cakes.  I have never had an issue.

I know some have posted problems with condensation, I just don't my cake after I take it out for the fridge until it is dry.  Not once has any icing bled, changed color, smeared...

AZCouture Posted 20 Nov 2012 , 4:05pm
post #3 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by cai0311 

I refrigerate 100% of my cakes, including all my fondant covered cakes.  I have never had an issue.

I know some have posted problems with condensation, I just don't my cake after I take it out for the fridge until it is dry.  Not once has any icing bled, changed color, smeared...

Ditto.

lorieleann Posted 21 Nov 2012 , 8:03pm
post #4 of

i have to agree with the two above responses...i keep my fondant cakes--all cakes-- in the fridge. It is also very dry here.  Perhaps a more humid environment would need different precautions?  I have also boxed up a fondant cake in a cardboard box with a packet or two of desiccant at the bottom of the box.  Let the cake warm up a bit while in the box. That should help.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%