My First Three Tier Cake.. Whole Loads Of Questions And Advise.. Please..

Decorating By jiya11 Updated 22 Nov 2012 , 10:00pm by jiya11

jiya11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jiya11 Posted 21 Nov 2012 , 7:59pm
post #31 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by remnant3333 

everyone will be very happy at your hubby's work!! I am sure it will taste wonderful!!! That's one thing about making mistakes is that you learn from errors and the cakes can still be eaten and enjoyed by many!!!Take your time with the new cake you will be re-baking and take it one step at a time. Follow Leah's directions and I am sure everything will turn out okay this time.  Hang in there and don't get discouraged!! I know that you can do it!!! Have faith!!

Keep us all updated at the progress!!!

I am still learning myself so I have made plenty of mistakes. The last cake I made bulged out a little bit but it was not a tierd cake so it still turned out okay.. I made it for a neighbor and they were thrilled with it. I also put raspberry filling in it. I am learning not to put too much filling. This forum has really helped me to learn what I am doing wrong.  Thanks, Leah for all your help in giving us all tips to follow!!!! Good luck/Mary

Thanks so much for the boost.. I completely agree with you!! All the encouraging words are keeping me going.. otherwise I would have given up..

Yep, BIG THANKS to everyone out there..

jiya11 Posted 22 Nov 2012 , 12:25am
post #32 of 42

Just got done with the top two tiers. The bottom tier is cooling while I will start working on the Thanksgiving cake.

Here is the pic. Please comment if I can do anything to impove.

I have a few questions.. yet again..

1. I am using bubble tea straws as support. Should I insert them in the middle tier right now? Would five be enough?

2. For the bottom tier, I am not going to torte the cakes.. thinking to just stack them both one on top of each other with strawberry jam (dam around). Would that work since the other tiers are 4 layers each? Also, I have Jello Strawberry pudding/pie filling.. can i mix that with butter cream instead to use as filling?

When should I stack them and when should i put the central dowel? I need to be there at 4:00

jiya11 Posted 22 Nov 2012 , 12:58am
post #33 of 42
Quote:

those 2 cakes look like a professional did them!! WOW!! They are both beautiful!!! They look very even. I am sure that one of the experts on this site can answer about the straws and filling. Like I said I have not yet tried a 2 or 3 tier cake yet.  I will be trying at the end of next month.  Looks like you have what it takes because your cakes look great!!!!! Way to go!

Thanks a bunch for the compliments.. Although, I am seeing soo many flaws here.. bumps and dents all over the cake.. the corners are not crisp neither are the sides... I guess practice practice and more practice...

jiya11 Posted 22 Nov 2012 , 1:30am
post #34 of 42
Quote:

Here is one you can watch that is showing how some stack cakes together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHSzbG_y9JE&list=UUr0Act2-Rx03rQ7PL_O5rxg&index=56&feature=plcp

Here is another

You can watch these two until someone answers you about the filling.

Thanks! I just mixed some Strawberry pie filing from a can with bc and filled it in. Its settling as of now.. Thanks for the videos..

jiya11 Posted 22 Nov 2012 , 4:12am
post #35 of 42

ABUMP:

Just got done with the top two tiers. The bottom tier is cooling while I will start working on the Thanksgiving cake. Here is the pic. Please comment if I can do anything to impove.

I have a few questions.. yet again..

1. I am using bubble tea straws as support. Should I insert them in the middle tier right now? Would five be enough? 2. For the bottom tier, I am not going to torte the cakes.. thinking to just stack them both one on top of each other with strawberry jam (dam around). Would that work since the other tiers are 4 layers each? Also, I have Jello Strawberry pudding/pie filling.. can i mix that with butter cream instead to use as filling? When should I stack them and when should i put the central dowel? I need to be there at 4:00

jiya11 Posted 22 Nov 2012 , 3:32pm
post #36 of 42

AYeah!!Cake is done... Here is the pic!!

Now keeping my fingers crossed that it makes it to the venue safely.

jiya11 Posted 22 Nov 2012 , 3:37pm
post #37 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiya11 

Yeah!!Cake is done... Here is the pic!!
Now keeping my fingers crossed that it makes it to the venue safely.

Cake Pic!

jiya11 Posted 22 Nov 2012 , 5:36pm
post #38 of 42

Here is the cake that was a disaster-turned-into-salvage Thanksgiving cake my hubby took it to work today. It was gone within 20 minutes max :)

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 22 Nov 2012 , 6:27pm
post #39 of 42

Glad they both turned out, good save and nice decor on the salvaged turkey cake.

jiya11 Posted 22 Nov 2012 , 6:40pm
post #40 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by denetteb 

Glad they both turned out, good save and nice decor on the salvaged turkey cake.

Thanks so much for your support through and through..

denetteb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
denetteb Posted 22 Nov 2012 , 7:06pm
post #41 of 42

You are welcome.

jiya11 Posted 22 Nov 2012 , 10:00pm
post #42 of 42

A

Original message sent by remnant3333

jaya11,

Your cakes turned out beautiful!!! I knew you could do it!!! Many people don't realize all the work involved in doing a 3 tier cake. For the first one that you have ever done you did a great job!!! The more you practice, the easier it will get for you!! Congratulations on a job well done. Though you had problems you just jumped right through the hoops and kept going and ended up doing  a wonderful job. I love the turkey cake. Very cute!!! Just goes to show that if you don't give up you can do just about anything that you set your mind to!!!/Mary

Thanks Mary, those words means a lot to me. Without support from you guys, I wouldn't have been able to accomplish it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%