Xmas

Decorating By Hubby5 Updated 17 Nov 2012 , 10:44pm by Hubby5

Hubby5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hubby5 Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 1:14am
post #1 of 16

Looking for gift ideas for my wife. Any price range.  She has lots of equipment already(spray gun, mixers, pans).

Thanks 

15 replies
cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 3:05am
post #2 of 16

How about an Agbay? ( it levels and tortes cakes and seems to be a very coveted item around here!)

kblickster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kblickster Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 3:13am
post #3 of 16

I am new to this and would love to take some classes beyond Wilton.  They are so expensive though. 

aej6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aej6 Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 3:49am
post #4 of 16

Agbay!!!!

http://www.agbayproducts.com/

(and if you want to buy 2, let me know and I'll send you my shipping address! LOL)

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 4:35am
post #5 of 16

Don't know her skill level but some of the more professional classes would be a good way to go.  Maybe you or another family member could quiz her as to what she would like to learn or even what piece of equipment she would be interested in.

Hubby5 Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 8:36am
post #6 of 16

Thanks for the ideas....keep them coming...

She is good for the level.  She did the Wilton Courses, but no professional classes where we live.   I'll look into the Agbay as I don't even know what it is.

Thanks again.  

kkmcmahan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kkmcmahan Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 11:52am
post #7 of 16

I agree with the others, the agbay would be incredible.  Although she has taken Wilton courses, if money is not a concern, sending her here to the Chicago suburbs to take the Wilton Master Course (in Darien) would be fabulous.  It is a 2 week course and they offer other courses in the evening and on weekends so you can take several.  I recently took the course and it was worth every penny.  People come from all over the world.  I was the only local person in a class of 12.  We had one person from India and one from Spain.  It was truly amazing!

cakeart105 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeart105 Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 3:45pm
post #8 of 16

Hi, I really like my Professional Cake Leveler by Fat Daddio's. I found it at Tomsann Cake Art Supplies for a great price.

http://stores.ebay.com/Tomsann-Cake-Art-Supplies

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 4:13pm
post #9 of 16

does she have a good camera to take pictures of her cake's?

DanaG21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaG21 Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 5:04pm
post #10 of 16

Send her to Cake Camp in 2013!!!  

Hubby5 Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 11:28pm
post #11 of 16

Thanks for the idea of the Leveler as well.  She got a nice camera last year for Xmas...Not a bad idea for the advanced course if we could swing it with kids and the "real" job....So, looking at the leveler and the agbay.  

So I will definitely go with the Agbay.  I will research tonite the leveller as well.  I will drop the hits on a "trip" and see what she says.

I was looking at those soft floor mats as well, would you enjoy working on those instead of standing on a ceramic floor?

dkltll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dkltll Posted 16 Nov 2012 , 11:39pm
post #12 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubby5 

I was looking at those soft floor mats as well, would you enjoy working on those instead of standing on a ceramic floor?

I have been dropping hints for a Gel Pro mat for about a year now! That would also be a fabulous gift!!!!

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 1:19am
post #13 of 16

I suggest the Cake Cruise: http://www.cakecruise.com/

It leaves Florida on December 2nd, but there should be another one next year.

Hubby5 Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 8:38am
post #14 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkltll 

Good to know, that will find it's way under the tree...

Cake cruise????they have such a thing?

BakerAnna85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakerAnna85 Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 12:23pm
post #15 of 16

I love getting things that I know will eventually need to be replaced.  For example, more food coloring, piping bags, parchment paper, cupcake wrappers, etc...  All of the little things that always have to be purchased.

Hubby5 Posted 17 Nov 2012 , 10:44pm
post #16 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by BakerAnna85 

I love getting things that I know will eventually need to be replaced.  For example, more food coloring, piping bags, parchment paper, cupcake wrappers, etc...  All of the little things that always have to be purchased.

Good idea...Food coloring for stocking...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%