Gum Paste Mix

Decorating By jlrn1811 Updated 15 Nov 2012 , 6:49am by jlrn1811

jlrn1811 Posted 15 Nov 2012 , 6:40am
post #1 of 3

AHello, This is my first time posting in the forums but I have been a keen reader for a while now and have learned a lot from doing so :-)

My question is in regards to CK gum paste mix. It says to grease your bowl etc when mixing it up. I assume by grease it means vegetable shortening. I live in Australia and such grease like Crisco is not readily available, especially where I live. I don't have the time to order it online unfortunately as I live in a rural area and postage is slow. Does anyone know of a suitable substitute I could use? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.


2 replies
kakeladi Posted 15 Nov 2012 , 6:47am
post #2 of 3

Yes, anything similar will work - Trex (I think is what it's called in Australia); butter; margerine - even vegetable or oilve oil will work.

jlrn1811 Posted 15 Nov 2012 , 6:49am
post #3 of 3

AOh ok, so I can use butter? Thanks so much. I am used to working with butter so would much rather stick with what I know anyway. Thanks again :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%