Silicone Molds...

Lounge By LibertysCakes Updated 13 Nov 2012 , 5:52pm by LibertysCakes

LibertysCakes Posted 12 Nov 2012 , 4:04am
post #1 of 5

AI have been searching and found many molds that I love but some seem to be highly priced ..I am a home based business And just starting out what are people's thoughts of making your own molds and has anyone attempted to make them and have had success ? :)

4 replies
Lovelyladylibra Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 3:47pm
post #2 of 5

I make my own molds all the time. I get the silicone from Michael's

inspiredbymom Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 5

I have made some molds on my own when I couldn't find something or needed it quickly.  I wouldn't try everything!  I purchased mine from Hobby Lobby.  In the instructions, it gave a website that had tips and videos on how to make the mold easier to do a better job.  It was very helpful.  I'm sure that whatever you choose would have something like that.  I did army men with mine and it turned out pretty good for a first timer!

soledad Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 4:06pm
post #4 of 5

Have you seen the molds by Wilton? They are not too expensive  and if you have a Michael's couppon is even better.

That will get you started and they are very easy to use. I like them very much!

Good luckthumbs_up.gif!

LibertysCakes Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 5

AThanks everyone!! I will try them out and I love coupons!! LOL I get excited when I see knew things come out and new ideas on how to embellish cakes I'm like a kid in a candy store except I don't have deep pockets to buy whatever I like!! I'm always up for new crafty ways to make my cakes better!! :):-)

Quote by @%username% on %date%