Crochet Pattern Help.

Lounge By JaeRodriguez Updated 13 Nov 2012 , 6:25pm by JaeRodriguez

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 11 Nov 2012 , 12:20am
post #1 of 4

ASo I figured I'd post here to try and get some help with a pattern I am trying to do. I usually crochet afghans and scarves/cowls without patterns. Because I am such a visual learner patterns make me want to pull my hair out.

So, here is the pattern:

http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW3209.pdf

And I am having issues with the vocabulary in the pattern and the abbreviations. I have tried to google 1/1 LC double crochet to get a tutorial for example, so I can see someone doing it but I can't find anything! When it says in row one that you go behind the previous stitches, does it mean behind the posts (I tried that and couldn't get it to work) or maybe it means the backside of the pattern?

Anyway if anyone has any websites or info that would help me figure out this pattern I would appreciate it! I've got the FPDC down and BPDC but it's where to put them that confuses me!

Sorry my post is so long! Thanks!

3 replies
letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 12 Nov 2012 , 10:21pm
post #2 of 4
cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 12:16am
post #3 of 4

The directions explain how to do the LC so I'm not sure what you're not understanding?

For the other, it sounds like you turn the work around to work in the area of the 2 stitches you skipped.

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 13 Nov 2012 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks y'all. I am just a visual learner so I have a hard time following written directions.  Cheatize, I was thinking maybe it was supposed to be like a BPDC kinda thing. 

Thanks for the link letsgetcaking! :) 

I'll try it one more time!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%