cole10 Posted 9 Nov 2012 , 1:44am
post #1 of

AI have invested in the push pop containers. As much as I'm dying to use them, I'm a bit puzzled. When using them for a party, do you ask for the containers back? I know they can washed. They are not exactly cheap to just give away. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

8 replies
AZCouture Posted 9 Nov 2012 , 2:30am
post #2 of

No, it's part of the cost I'm afraid. Cute, but not a cheap investment.

remnant3333 Posted 9 Nov 2012 , 2:32am
post #3 of

You are correct in saying they are not cheap!!  If having a party in your home I am sure you would get them back. I don't know what to say if you are taking them to someone's home for a party.  You should still get them back no matter what. The container you bring them in should be empty once you have given them out and you should tell everyone to put the empty dirty push up containers back into your bowl so you can wash them.  Maybe someone else here will have a more better solution as to what to say to the people. Good luck/Mary

remnant3333 Posted 9 Nov 2012 , 2:44am
post #4 of

If I had a party and someone brought those to my party I would tell everyone to please put the empty Tupperware holders once they were eaten in a special bowl that I would have for the empty ones so they could be washed.  Out of respect to the person who brought them and knowing that they are expensive, I would make sure that that person got them back.  Most of the time, when I have gone to a party and brought things like potato salad the person who had the party always gave me back the bowl. I have never had an issue where people keep my bowls. I never even had to ask for them back because they would automatically give them back to me.  I guess it depends on the person.  You might be better off only serving them when you have your own party.  Good luck!

leah_s Posted 9 Nov 2012 , 4:40am
post #5 of

In my state it is simply not permitted per the Health Department to reuse any container designed for one-time use.  These are definitely designed for one time use.  Build it into the cost.

cole10 Posted 9 Nov 2012 , 10:46am
post #6 of

True...didn't think about that. Thanks for the thoughts!

remnant3333 Posted 9 Nov 2012 , 9:19pm
post #7 of

I thought Tupperware made those cupcake push up pops but once I started looking I realized I did not see them on the Tupperware site.  I was thinking they were made like the normal bowls Tupperware makes but made into push up pops.  Now that I realize that they are made for throwing away I can see why people are saying they should be thrown away.  Thanks for the information. Still learning!!! I only make cakes and cupcakes for fun.  I do not run a business nor do I ever intend to. My thanks to everyone out there for all the things that I have learned on this site.

remnant3333 Posted 9 Nov 2012 , 9:33pm
post #8 of

Hello, I thought these push up pops were the reusable kind like these that I saw at ebay below.  I guess you can only use them for home use and reuse them for your family.  I do not make cakes or cupcakes for a living but only for neighbors and family but I guess if you made them for a customer then you would not want them back.  If you make them for your family it would be a different story because they are reusable according to Ebay and are meant to be re washed.

25 PUSH UP Clear Plastic Containers with lids

Make your own Push Cakes (Cake shooters)!

Have fun and go wild with the newest dessert trend!

These come to you fully assembled and are reusable! I

cole10 Posted 11 Nov 2012 , 11:21pm
post #9 of

AIm not a business either, but I do have the occasional friend who will pay me for a cake or cupcakes. I guess I'll just keep them to family just to be safe. If I was a paying customer, I wouldn't want used containers either. Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%