How Do I Search In The Gallery? Help!!!

Lounge By shannycakers Updated 7 Jan 2013 , 4:43pm by cakes4u73

shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 9:33pm
post #1 of 10

I cannot find the search function in the gallery tab to search for something specific like angry birds or cinderella etc... HELP, this new cake central is TERRIBLE and I am getting no where, and it takes forever to get anywhere...someone really screwed up with this newer format!!! I would pay to have the old one back

9 replies
Doritta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doritta Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 9:47pm
post #2 of 10

just write the topic what are you looking for on the advanced search box , ex; angry birds, cinderella and will be appears a tab with some options like tutorial, recipes but go trhu the gallery and the pictures  will appears!thumbs_up.gif

shannycakers Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 9:59pm
post #3 of 10

Thank you:) I tried that and i do not like that at all, the tiny thumbnails are so small you can hardly see the cakes and you cant search very well. before you could go right to galleries and type in what you are looking for and all the photos willpop up nice n large.

I have better luck on google now..terrible.. the advanced search function=not good unless im missing something? Anyone that is has been a regular member for a long time know what im talking about??

shannycakers Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 10:07pm
post #4 of 10

ok! just figured it out. You go to the search at the top (like you said), but dont hit advanced search, then there is a gallery tab there that is like the old style. Thank God!! but i dont think all the pictures are coming up... it only had 2 pages of angry bird sheet cake and i seriously doubt thats all ...thank you for your help!:)

Doritta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doritta Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 10:14pm
post #5 of 10

3273 images comes from angry birds   ..  i know that i´m new here and it wasnt a big change for me because they change the page a couple of days after i signed up , i´m just triying to help , go to this link and check please, http://cakecentral.com/search.php?search=angry+bird¤ttab=Gallery%20Image

shannycakers Posted 9 Nov 2012 , 4:51pm
post #6 of 10

thank you doritta! it was very helpful:)

AngelCakes_Bakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AngelCakes_Bakery Posted 5 Dec 2012 , 12:44am
post #7 of 10

AI can't stand the new cake central either. It's just too hard and non user friendly. It was such a great site, now it's no longer even fun to use. I wonder why they did this to the site. =( too bad really.

Chrisl121070 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chrisl121070 Posted 16 Dec 2012 , 2:01am
post #8 of 10

I saw the instructions that were posted in another forum, but the search results don't look like that anymore.  When I do a search, or an advanced search, there's no option to choose Galleries!

icingcarol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingcarol Posted 6 Jan 2013 , 3:34pm
post #9 of 10

AI have just come on now to look for some car cakes, Where have all the Gallery's gone Are they wanting to close this site down!! Because they are doing a good job of loosing Viewers

cakes4u73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes4u73 Posted 7 Jan 2013 , 4:43pm
post #10 of 10

I would agree with everyone else that this new format has to go.  It is way easier to search google for ideas and inspiration.  Not sure that I will be coming back here again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%