Heather_bakes Posted 5 Nov 2012 , 3:47am
post #1 of

I have been asked to create a cake for a party celebrating 4 birthdays.  It is a small party (20ish) so I can't do multiple layers.  I need to find someway to incorporate multiple themes into one cake, or find one overall theme.   Here is the client's description:

One guy is turning 48. Another is turning 20 another is 25 and one girl is 22. Yikes I know! They r a musically inclined family. Two r students and the girl is a model.

It isn't a lot to go on but it is for a friend and I would really like to make her an amazing cake.

Thanks for any advice :)

Heather

5 replies
SaltCakeCity Posted 7 Nov 2012 , 2:32am
post #2 of

I would probably suggest doing 4 really small cakes. If you did 4  6-inch round cakes, you could give them each something individual and not have to worry about doing something that pleases them all. Plus it'll be just a little over 20 servings anyway. If you'd rather not to that, stick to something more generic like a party themed birthday cake with stripes and dots. :) haha.

Good luck and happy caking!

practicemakesperfect Posted 7 Nov 2012 , 6:23pm
post #3 of

the three guys playing music for the girl as she walks down the runway? idk, lol. i'm not too good at this.

good luck and have fun!

rpaige Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 5:19pm
post #4 of

I like the idea of multiple cakes for each person. 

I can only suggest what first came to my mind:  Do one/two tiers to look like piano keys and/or musical notes (more masculine in black & white as a nod to the men) and maybe a smaller top tier with various black silouettes of a young girl posing placed on the sides - sillouettes are easy to find on google and then use them as your stencils  - a tribute to the young lady.   Not sure what you would put on top!  HTH

rpaige Posted 8 Nov 2012 , 5:25pm
post #5 of

Oops! I just saw that you aren't interested in doing tiers - my apologies!  I still think you could use piano keys along the sides or edge, add musical notes and maybe a black silhouette in each corner at a diagonal.  My creativity is very limited!  Please share the cake when you have completed!

Heather_bakes Posted 11 Nov 2012 , 3:43am
post #6 of

I asked for more details and it turns out the whole family is also very techy (more then musical) so I think I am going to do an iPad cake with different apps for each person... what do you think?  I seem to be experience creative-cake block lol.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%