Silicone Molds For Fondant Decorations

Decorating By Lisas13717 Updated 5 Nov 2012 , 7:23pm by Lisas13717

Lisas13717 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisas13717 Posted 4 Nov 2012 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 5

I have a wedding cake I'm doing next month and the bride wants 3D snowflakes as a topper and in various places on the cake. I ordered some silicone molds that are very detailed! I can't use fondant or gumpaste to get into some of the tiny areas...I tried melting white chocolate bark, it set nicely, but I couldnt remove them without them breaking into tiny pieces..any ideas anyone? wondering if RI or color flow might work...any ideas would be very much appreciated!!!

thanks,

Lisa

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 4 Nov 2012 , 4:38pm
post #2 of 5

I have used white chocolate, and my molds produce very thin, quite detailed snowflakes.  Just pop the filed mold into the freezer for a few minutes and then take it out and tap it gently on a towel on the counter. 

Lisas13717 Posted 4 Nov 2012 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 5

I'll give it a try!

thanks so much!!!

Lisa

Chellescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chellescakes Posted 5 Nov 2012 , 6:56am
post #4 of 5

to use them with fondant or gumpaste , cornflour you paste before you put it in the mould , Pop it in the freezer for 10 -15 mins  and they should pop out easy with all the details. just let them sit and don't touch them until they are dry as sometime you get a bit of condensation after they come out of the freezer 

Lisas13717 Posted 5 Nov 2012 , 7:23pm
post #5 of 5

AThank you! I don't really have any trouble getting the fondant ones out . The problem with them is that there is too much excess, kind of like a webbed ducks foot. I think I might try either color flow or RI....the chocolate still broke on the retry...it must be the type of mold..you have to peel the mold away to release the snowflake...thank you so much for all of the responses!!! Lisa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%