My icing is gritty. I know that its not the powdered sugar. Its a peanut butter icing. Any idea what can I do to fix it?
- 1 1/2 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
How do you know it's not your powdered sugar?
I had this happen once and I let it sit over nigth and remixed it in the morning and it was better. Not 100%. I had already made a new batch for the customer but the "saved" batch was fine for experimenting and family.
I already made a batch of butter-cream from this bag of powdered sugar so I felt confident that wasn't the problem. I was able to save this batch by heating some of it up to the point of bubbling then I poured it into my mixer, turned it on and walked away...lol! When I came back it was as smooth as silk!!
Thanks for your reply!