No Corn Syrup No Jennifer Dontz Candy Clay ?

Baking By Littlemisswise Updated 6 Nov 2012 , 10:19pm by Marianna46

Littlemisswise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Littlemisswise Posted 2 Nov 2012 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone, i want to try Jennifer Dontz candy clay but we don't get corn syrup hereicon_sad.gif.Any ideas on what I can use instead ?Thanking you in advance and looking forward to hearing from you.

Zara

5 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 5 Nov 2012 , 12:10am
post #2 of 6

Many recipes for candy clay say you can use the same amount of glucose instead of corn syrup. You might want to try a small batch in the proper proportions to see if this will work for you. I certainly hope so, because I'm planning on trying it myself - not because I can't get corn syrup, but because I have a liter of glucose just sitting around doing nothing.

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 5 Nov 2012 , 1:11am
post #3 of 6

Was this thread changed by moderators?

I replied at least TWICE over the past few days .... as did a few others - and it appears all replies have been deleted

ApplegumPam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ApplegumPam Posted 5 Nov 2012 , 1:13am
post #4 of 6

Don't worry - have just realised this is a DUPLICATE POST

http://cakecentral.com/t/750781/no-corn-syrup-no-jennifer-dontz-candy-clay

Littlemisswise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Littlemisswise Posted 5 Nov 2012 , 8:17pm
post #5 of 6

AYou are right ,where have the other posts gone .?Found out about corn syrup and it's way to expensive so will try with glucose.Its a shame really as I wont know how it would have been with the original recipe .

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 6 Nov 2012 , 10:19pm
post #6 of 6

The other posts are on the link posted by ApplegumPam just above yours. I checked it out and it has a lot of good information.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%