Help!!! Wedding Cupcakes

Baking By cassi_g16 Updated 2 Nov 2012 , 6:47am by TerrifiCake

cassi_g16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cassi_g16 Posted 1 Nov 2012 , 9:10pm
post #1 of 5

My bride is my best freind and while she wants the marriage she wants the wedding not so much. This is her third and his second. However freinds and familiy have talked her into a small wedding. She has asked me to do the cake in any way I want to do it for about 75-80 people.

I have decided on a cupcake tower with a two tiered (maybe 8" and 6") on top for cutting. She is simply using silk fall floral arrangments from the churches "stock" pile. I have seen them and they are actually pretty....

She will give me no direction on decoration she would like. I have thought that since the wedding is so informal I could do gumpaste leaves on each one? Should i stick with an all cream colored theme for the icing or go with fall colored icings? Should I not do any kind of decoration on the cupcakes and just do a simple swirl and decorate the cake only?

I am at a creative loss on this! I don't want her to be dissappointed no matter how indifferent she pretends to be about it all somewhere deep down she has to care!

4 replies
Cher2309b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cher2309b Posted 2 Nov 2012 , 2:45am
post #2 of 5

I had some fun with a leaf mould (plus other moulds) and copper, purple and green lustre dusts mixed with alcohol. Very Autumnal and quite a pretty effect. I made a simple two tier cake with an edible dome of Autumn leaves on top but it may give you some ideas to use on a cupcake tower. You can find it under Cher2309b in Birthday Cake Photos.

Good luck!

DreamConfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DreamConfections Posted 2 Nov 2012 , 3:44am
post #3 of 5

Does she have any colors picked out for her wedding?  If so I would use that as your guide.  If not, I would think about season and venue.  With her being your friend I'm sure you have some idea of what she likes.

YummyCreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TerrifiCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TerrifiCake Posted 2 Nov 2012 , 6:47am
post #5 of 5

Autumn leaves is a nice idea, especially for this time of the year. Another option can be fonsant roses. I created both of them in few easy steps in Fondant iPhone and iPad applications I created. Those specific charactors are in my Fondant - Seasons application. You can find more information about those apps in my website.

I hope that will help.

Good Luck,

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%