Purchasing Fondant

Decorating By cakeladynh Updated 2 Nov 2012 , 7:03pm by cakeladynh

cakeladynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladynh Posted 1 Nov 2012 , 5:21pm
post #1 of 6

I use to use the Wilton's boxed fondant. Then I recently tried Satin Ice and was happy with both their fondant and their gum paste. Just curious about the other brands I have been receiving emails about: Fondx and Elite for example. I know everyone usually has a preference, was just wondering what peoplel have found pro/con wise that have tried or used a few of the different brands.

5 replies
MoniCakes7818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MoniCakes7818 Posted 1 Nov 2012 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 6

good question thanks for asking as I am wondering the same thing. I too used to use the wilton fondant but prefer the Satin Ice brand a lot more. I've seen the fondx and Elite on the website I use to order the satin ice but I'm scared to use something I don't know that i'll like you know.

also wanted to know if there was a better company to get fondant from. the one i use is ****************** and I think their prices are reasonable but i find that they are out of stock of a lot of stuff. any info with this would be great oo.

I'm sorry I haven't been much help in response to your question...:-(

MoniCakes7818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MoniCakes7818 Posted 1 Nov 2012 , 8:13pm
post #3 of 6

Sorry i didn't know i couldn't put in the website my bad!

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 2 Nov 2012 , 11:28am
post #4 of 6

My personal favorite is Fondarific.  I like it because it has a mix of white chocolate & is more pliable.  Personally I don't like fondx at all!  

One of our members CostumeCzar wrote a wonderful review comparing all the fondants.  It's worth the read.  If I have a spare moment, I'll try to find the link to it.

Also, there are LOTS of threads comparing the many different fondants.

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 2 Nov 2012 , 5:13pm
post #5 of 6

I used Satin Ice once and found it too soft... Don't know if the house was too warm, but I don't think so.  Just thought it was too soft. 

I normally use Wilton's fondant but I don't do commercial cakes.. mainly for family and friends. 

cakeladynh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladynh Posted 2 Nov 2012 , 7:03pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you DeliciousDesserts. I found the review you mentioned and it was extremely helpful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%