How To Deactivate Cc Account?

Decorating By Sherri2012 Updated 21 Mar 2013 , 1:19am by cakefat

Sherri2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherri2012 Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 2:23pm
post #1 of 10

I want to deactivate my account but cannot figure out how to do it. Does anyone know?  Thanks.

9 replies
LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 10

I could be wrong, but I think you have to contact a mod or administrator to deactivate your account. 

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 2:40pm
post #3 of 10

AWhy do you want to deactivate your account?

Sherri2012 Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 2:50pm
post #4 of 10

How to you get a hold of a moderator to do that?

I liked the anonymity of the forums before, and the cakes. I personally, as a rule, dont join sites where people can follow me or me them, and everyone can go through and read all the comments you have ever made. I dont like the new switch. It's just not for me, even though I know lots of people like that better.  So, I want to deactivate. It also bugs me that I cannot delete questions I have posted in forums or my account without permission.

jason_kraft Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 3:15pm
post #5 of 10

ABeing able to see a list of all your posts is not new, you could easily do that with the old forum. If you don't like that someone is following you, you can go to your profile and click View All next to your followers, then block the offending person. If you want to be anonymous I recommend that you simply stop posting with this account and create a new account under a different name.

Personally I'm glad people can't delete threads they create...once you put something out there on a public forum and it spawns a discussion that belongs to the community. I believe you can still delete a thread if you created it recently and there have been no replies.

Sherri2012 Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 3:29pm
post #6 of 10

I didnt know that I guess until now.  I have made up my mind to deactivate my account...if I can figure out how to do it.  Kind of odd that people can't individually be in control of deactivating, too.  Not sure I like that at all. If I knew that when I joined I wouldn't have.

jason_kraft Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 3:34pm
post #7 of 10

AI'm not sure deactivating your account would help much...all your existing posts would still be here (and still be searchable), you just wouldn't be able to create new posts. But if you still want to deactivate your account you should probably fill out the feedback form here: http://cakecentral.com/feedback

Sherri2012 Posted 31 Oct 2012 , 3:39pm
post #8 of 10

Thank you.

khester Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khester Posted 21 Mar 2013 , 12:38am
post #9 of 10

Did you figure it out? I want to deactivate my account, and I don't know how either!!

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 21 Mar 2013 , 1:19am
post #10 of 10

I don't think you can...just don't post anymore and then you're mentally deactivated. same- same.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%