Corinne77 Posted 28 Oct 2012 , 12:28pm

I know that for candy melts you need to use the candy melt coloring. How about for chocolate chips? I bought ghiradelli chocolate chips to use for my cake pops and want to color them black. Do I need to use the candy melt coloring or can I use regular food coloring or gel colors?


2 replies
Narie Posted 28 Oct 2012 , 1:28pm

Use oil based candy food coloring as you would for candy melts. I believe that the regular food coloring has water in it and would cause the chocolate to seize. icon_cry.gif

LisaPeps Posted 28 Oct 2012 , 10:32pm

Or use powder colours. Never gels!

Quote by %username% on %date%