Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 4:34pm
post #1 of

Hi All,

I bought a cricut about 3-4 years ago when the fad was hot..Tried it a few times and of course it didn't work the way I wanted it too..I am not a patient person... icon_rolleyes.gif and I quickly sold it on Kijiji...I am seeing all these wonderful cakes made with all these scrolls and patterns and am thinking again ...Maybe I should try it again...

Can anyone give me honest and realistic reasons as to why or why not I should try it again...Is it even popular out there now?

Laurel icon_wink.gif

8 replies
costumeczar Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 8:17pm
post #2 of

I never get a request for a cake that would use cricut patterns. I have one that sits in a corner and gathers dust. I suggest ths instead:
LL

Brettley Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 8:41pm
post #3 of

I want to know too! I am tossing the idea around as well, and would love to hear peoples opinions.

leah_s Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 9:04pm
post #4 of

Ditto Coustumeczar

LisaPeps Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 10:39pm
post #5 of

Mines gathering dust at the moment... I wouldn't even consider the idea now you can't get sure cuts a lot or make the cut software. They're junk!
If you really want a cutting machine, you should have a look at Linda McClure's silhouette machine. At least with that machine you can buy the software and have the freedom of creating your own designs.

gbbaker Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 10:59pm
post #6 of

I have used mine with sure cuts a lot(can't do that now). Maybe once every few months ,but I also use mine for paper, I have liked it when I needed to use it, for small things I still use my exacto knife.

DeliciousDesserts Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 11:06pm
post #7 of

LOVE my silhouette! I got the package set from Linda.

I will say there isn't a huge call for it, but I sure love it when I need it.

I will also say that it is great on its own but even better in combo with my edible printer. I am able to print things then cut them.

costumeczar Posted 28 Oct 2012 , 12:15am
post #8 of

I just don't think it's worth the investment in terms of how often you'll probably use it.

Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Oct 2012 , 2:27pm
post #9 of

Ha!Ha! I cracked up of the picture of an exacto knife..I have several of these....LOL
I think you ladies have answered my question and the answer is I don't need one!!

Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%