This Cake Or That Cake? What Do You Think?

Decorating By Sherri2012 Updated 28 Oct 2012 , 8:17am by Godot

Sherri2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherri2012 Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 2:48pm
post #1 of 10

I have such a great opportunity to get my card out to people, and to get them to sign a petition in WI for passing a Cottage Food law. I am supplying cakes to a local political party's headquarters big election night party. I am trying to think of the best cake to make, and need some help! The two ideas I have are,1.) to just make it red white and blue, with some buntings going around one tier, a donkey or elephant going around another tier, stars, and strips, then gum paste figurines of the candidates on top. That is idea 1.

Idea 2, is to make a prosperous city cake, with buildings with, "now hiring" signs on the windows, and red white and blue decorations adorning the buildings, then a sunshine and the candidates standing on top. To give the image of, "gray skies are gonna clear up." Or, "sunny days ahead"

Is it better to just stick with red white and blue, or ok to get a little creative? I want to make the best favorable lasting impression.

If you have any other ideas, I'm all ears! Thanks. icon_wink.gif

9 replies
BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 10

Get creative.

Sherri2012 Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 4:53pm
post #3 of 10

Alright. icon_smile.gif

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 8:25pm
post #4 of 10

I like idea #2. It has a feel of brighter days ahead. But if the candidate loses it might not be right. You know like "Yeah, brighter days ahead because you lost" maybe not appropriate.

Maybe you should keep it simple, Idea #1 sounds good too.

This is a hard call, I like #2, but if they lose then #1. Not sure you can know that in advance.

Good Luck sounds like a great cake either way. I would stay simple, then it's appropriate for either outcome.

Sherri2012 Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 8:42pm
post #5 of 10

Maybe I could make the "now hiring" signs removable? That way if they lose, it's just a city scene? I see what you are saying. hmmmm.

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 8:50pm
post #6 of 10

Yeah, I think that might work. I like Idea #2, if you tinker with it and make it awesome for either a win or lose. You don't want it to be way out of place for a lose. But I bet they all anticipate winning and order cakes in advance. So yeah go with #2 with a few tweaks for just in case. You want them to love it and enjoy it either way. You'd hate for them to look at it and feel bummed out if they lose. icon_smile.gif

Good luck. You'll do a great job. Your ideas are great.

Take Care

Sherri2012 Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 8:57pm
post #7 of 10

Yeah. Thanks for the advice. icon_smile.gif - Now to get started. hehe

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 9:55pm
post #8 of 10

Does he have slogan or something his campaign is running on?

Sherri2012 Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 10:05pm
post #9 of 10

I'm not sure. I'm sure he does. It's for the presidential race. I don't want to say which party because don't want any negative comments. hehe

Godot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Godot Posted 28 Oct 2012 , 8:17am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherri2012

I'm not sure. I'm sure he does. It's for the presidential race. I don't want to say which party because don't want any negative comments. hehe

hehe! They all suck anyway! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%