Fondant Help!!

Decorating By colorwheelconfections Updated 27 Oct 2012 , 3:07pm by Sherri2012

colorwheelconfections Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colorwheelconfections Posted 26 Oct 2012 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 2

So, we made a batch of marshmallow fondant from the site here, and while it tastes DELICIOUS , I'm having a problem liking the texture it is kind of....greasy? I'm not sure if I should try to keep working with it to understand it better, but I covered a cake with it and it was really just soft. Is that the texture?

I would love to make regular fondant, but it doesn't taste as good where marshmallow tastes amaaaazing!!!

Please help if you can! I'm going to try to work with the fondant again to see what I can do, or if I'm missing something about decorating with it (which god knows I am because it was my first time making and playing with fondant) but any help would be awesome!

1 reply
Sherri2012 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherri2012 Posted 27 Oct 2012 , 3:07pm
post #2 of 2

If it is too greasy, add cornstarch, or more powdered sugar. Just like when you add flour to bread dough until it is smooth, but not sticky. MMF is easy to adjust, and almost never ruined. If it is too dry, add a little Crisco to your hands and knead it in, add the powders if too greasy. icon_smile.gif Keep working with it, and it will be fine. It does do better if after you make it, you let it cool for a day or so, and settle together.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%