Help!! Color Mist, Black Fondant

Decorating By kita90s Updated 26 Oct 2012 , 1:02pm by kita90s

kita90s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kita90s Posted 26 Oct 2012 , 7:34am
post #1 of 3

im making a skate park cake for a friends birthday so i decided i wanted it to be black but i just tried using the color mist on it and its not showing up im using the colors yellow and green, i was wondering if anyone has any tip so i can change it up i haven't put the fondant on the cake yet. in desprite need of help as the cake is presented tomorrow.....(i know last minute right) icon_eek.gif HELP!!!

2 replies
sandreaparkwelch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandreaparkwelch Posted 26 Oct 2012 , 8:53am
post #2 of 3

Are you looking to do something INSTEAD of the color mist or something to help it show up? I use modeling chocolate and add black gel color to get a true black. I use black gel in a dark chocolate frosting to get a true black to ice or pipe with. You can also color piping gel. Hope this helps!

kita90s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kita90s Posted 26 Oct 2012 , 1:02pm
post #3 of 3

hey thanks for that next time im going to try this but im just gonna run down to the shops in the morning to get some grey ready made fondant as its a skate bowl ill be able to do the change.
so are you saying that if i make a chocolate paste and add black i should be able to paint it with color mist?
thanks again icon_cool.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%