Sps With Ganache-Covered Cake

Decorating By mfruchey Updated 26 Oct 2012 , 3:03am by Jess155

mfruchey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfruchey Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 2:26am
post #1 of 3

I am interested in giving SPS a shot and figured my upcoming four-tier cake will be the perfect opportunity. I am also practicing with covering cakes with ganache and, if I get my method down pat, I intend to use ganache under fondant for this cake.

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems using SPS with ganache. This thing has to travel about 60 miles away, and I'd feel safer with something really secure like SPS, but I'm worried that I might have some trouble getting the legs in and out of the cake with the ganache shell.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

2 replies
shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 2:16pm
post #2 of 3

hi! you will want to put the legs into your cake while the ganache is still somewhat soft, so after i ganache, let set and cover with fondant, then i immediately put the legs in. I would not wait and refrigerate your cake and then try to put the legs in. It would work but you would have a harder time doing iticon_smile.gif Happy caking!

Jess155 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess155 Posted 26 Oct 2012 , 3:03am
post #3 of 3

After you mark where the legs will go (with the plate) then just cut out the 4 little circles with a knife. I do that for ganache and fondant. The legs will go right down easily. I've never had a problem.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%