Burgundy Fondant Ribbon

Decorating By 1clare Updated 24 Oct 2012 , 11:49am by 3D-Sweets

1clare Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1clare Posted 24 Oct 2012 , 12:36am
post #1 of 3

Can anyone help. I'm having one heck of a time making burgundy fondant for a ribbon. I've used the smallest amount of fondant I can and have added wilton rose, lavender and some red red. I need to add so much that the texture of the fondant gets so mushy. I've tried it with the americolor and spectrum super red and have gotten the same result. I've also tried using gumpaste with no luck. I'd really like to use fondant because it tastes better - I used Jennifer Dontz recipe for chocolate fondant. Can anyone tell me a trick to get burgundy in a fondant without the mush? I have some satin ice here and might be able to try it but I think I'm going to get the same result. Help, please

2 replies
SaltCakeCity Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SaltCakeCity Posted 24 Oct 2012 , 4:40am
post #2 of 3

I'm pretty sure Americolor gel paste comes in Burgundy. That would probably be the easiest way to go.. I'm sorry if that doesn't help what you need right now though! I think I've tried to make burgundy with Red Red & a tiny touch of brown. I can't remember exactly but maybe even a touch of fuchsia? Good luck!

3D-Sweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3D-Sweets Posted 24 Oct 2012 , 11:49am
post #3 of 3

I'd suggest mixing the color you need then adding Tylose powder to stabilize it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%