What Kind Of Flowers Are These?

Decorating By cakechic87 Updated 25 Oct 2012 , 6:42pm by tbkimber

cakechic87 Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 5:54pm
post #1 of 6

What are the flowers on this cake called? Or should I ask, what cutters do I need to buy to make these flowers? Any links to cutters would be great!

It looks like there are 3 different types of flowers. I know 1 is a daisy, but what are the other 2?


5 replies
Godot Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 6:00pm
post #2 of 6

The big one is the FMM quick rose cutter, used as a cupped flower (35mm).

the other one is some kind of a five-petal flower - I can't remember the name.

Apti Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 6:15pm
post #3 of 6

FMM 5 petal rose cutter (just do a google search)
These come individually packaged and are different sizes. BE SURE to measure and get the size you want!

5-Petal Flower Veiner--Silicone - 2-pieces, PLUS you need the cutter. You can buy from multiple sources online, but this is a good site with a video:


cakechic87 Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 6
Originally Posted by Godot

The big one is the FMM quick rose cutter, used as a cupped flower (35mm)

I have the wilton gum paste flower cutter set (the newer one). It has 2 sizes of 5 petal rose cutters... would the smaller one work?

Godot Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 6:26pm
post #5 of 6

No idea. I've never seen the Wilton set.

tbkimber Posted 25 Oct 2012 , 6:42pm
post #6 of 6

I have both of the Wilton cutter sets and I think the small one you have should work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%