Rugby Jersey Cake

Decorating By colies Updated 19 Oct 2012 , 5:38am by colies

colies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colies Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 6

Hi! Could someone please tell me how do I go about making a rugby jersey cake? I was wondering about the size of the cake,could anyone tell me what sizes cake pans to use? I need 60 servings. I need to figure out what size logo's to print and therefor I am struggling a bit with the sizes. many thanks

5 replies
staceylilycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
staceylilycakes Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 4:39pm
post #2 of 6

I have made a few soccer jersey cakes. I am not sure I uploaded mine, but it might be in my photos. I found some great cakes here to use as a guide. I love this one
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2176171/football-shirt

I just used a 12 x 18 pan and cut out a little on the shoulder and sleeves. That pan should get 72 party servings, so once you trim the sleeves and shoulders, it would be closer to 60.

Good luck!!

colies Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 4:42pm
post #3 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by staceylilycakes

I have made a few soccer jersey cakes. I am not sure I uploaded mine, but it might be in my photos. I found some great cakes here to use as a guide. I love this one
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2176171/football-shirt

I just used a 12 x 18 pan and cut out a little on the shoulder and sleeves. That pan should get 72 party servings, so once you trim the sleeves and shoulders, it would be closer to 60.

Good luck!!

Thank you staceylilycakes! Appreciate the advice.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 6

This is a football jersey I made: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2415243/dallas-cowboys-emmitt-smith-jersey

I used a square pan. I used the trimmings from the side to add length. This Jersey serves about 30 so you will need a larger pan than what I used.

Do you have microsoft publisher? I like that program because it will print tiles that I can then tape together. I make the page margin large enough for my photo, insert the photo, tell the printer to print "tile", put the photo puzzle pieces together, & use it for a template. This helps me judge exactly how big my pans, etc. need to be.

DeliciousDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeliciousDesserts Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 8:33pm
post #5 of 6

Also....I purposefully made wrinkles & folds to make it more realistic. I placed ropes of fondant on top of the buttercream to make folds then covered it with fondant. To make the dips by the arms, I cut out little darts or triangles.

colies Posted 19 Oct 2012 , 5:38am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliciousDesserts

Also....I purposefully made wrinkles & folds to make it more realistic. I placed ropes of fondant on top of the buttercream to make folds then covered it with fondant. To make the dips by the arms, I cut out little darts or triangles.

Thank you DeliciousDesserts for the advice!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%