Crystal Ball Cake/cupcake Lining Idea

Decorating By bonton Updated 18 Oct 2012 , 3:15pm by bonton

bonton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonton Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 4:22am
post #1 of 3

I will be making 200 cupcakes for a political event this Sat. The theme is a 6th annual Crystal Ball (her first name)..This is a formal affair.I have a Crystal Cascade 6Tier Cake Stand to place the cupcakes on and will use cake plates for the rest..My question, will it appropriate to use the silver foil cupcake liners as opposed to the plain white ones? Also, I am going to do a 6in. carrot cake to be place on the top tier..need suggestion for decoration.. Thanks for your help..BTW the cupcakes are vanilla, chocolate, carrot cake, and red velvet, 50 of each

2 replies
me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 4:41am
post #2 of 3

I think the silver foil liners would be much more suitable than the plain white ones - just gives a little hint of shiny shiny icon_smile.gif

For decoration of the top carrot cake tier, you could cover it with sparkling white sanding sugar which would catch the light nicely. With a diamante brooch or something with Swarovski crystals? Or edible diamonds.

Is there enough room between tiers to fix some sort of crystal beading border to the cake stand - that can look quite pretty hanging down.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head... hope that helps a little!

bonton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonton Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 3:15pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for your suggestions.I like the ideas..will go for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%