Help. With Cake And Filling Recipes

Baking By AsmaAsif Updated 23 Oct 2012 , 8:12pm by AsmaAsif

AsmaAsif Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AsmaAsif Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 8:44pm
post #1 of 14

Hi all bakers...
I m new baker... I have made differ t cakes but all not moist. N lil on dry side.. So I try to make thm moist with juices and milk and simple syrup
Since there are a lot of experienced bakers here.. Can u guys plz share ur tried and tested recipes...
Now Adays I m interested in fondant covered cakes..
So wt I wanna know is

Recipe for good cake which can hold fondant..(some delishhhhhhhhhhh flavored cakes other the white and choclate cake.)
And frostings and fillings with them

I I m not a fan of buttercreamss

So plzzz can u guys share recipes?..

13 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 8:58pm
post #2 of 14

have you looked through the recipe section on this site? There are soooooooo many ideas there icon_smile.gif
Are you wanting scratch or box mix recipes?
One reason for dry cakes is over baking. Are you baking them *just* until they test done and pull away from the edges of the pan? Don't rely on a certain amount of time. Every cake, every oven is different.

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 14

A fondant covered cake still needs either buttercream or ganache underneath it to seal the crumbs.

Please check both sections in the "recipes"

AsmaAsif Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 4:41am
post #4 of 14

Thanku for advice.. I've been lurking through the recipe section it's Gud.... But can u suggest LIke which cake with what filling except for buttercream
Can we do diff filling n coat Calke with ganache with fondant?.
Yes I bake till toothpick comes out clean....
Can u guys share ur own recipes?

AsmaAsif Posted 19 Oct 2012 , 3:11am
post #5 of 14

No one wants to?

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 19 Oct 2012 , 3:27am
post #6 of 14

Asma, I would suggest that you look at www.kingarthurflour.com and click on "recipes" These recipes all give weight as well as volume measure. Download only those that have a lot of stars (good feedback). Read the comments and choose for yourself. I like cakes that have milk but I use buttermilk in the same amount.

A good cake needs good technique. Start with the right kind of flour (each recipe says) and measure it by weighing. The butter and sugar and eggs have to be at room temperature to make a really good cake. Mix the flour into the batter carefully to keep the cake tender.

Then bake until the cake smells "done" Test gently--I use the test where a baked cake lightly springs back from a gentle touch with my finger. This test works even for heavy fruitcake.

I mix buttercream icing that is less sweet, but of various kinds. YES you may use ganache to fill between the cakes and to coat the cake before you add fondant.

AsmaAsif Posted 21 Oct 2012 , 1:20am
post #7 of 14

Thanku bakingireme for ur valuable info.. N I'll chk the website tooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakingIrene

Asma, I would suggest that you look at www.kingarthurflour.com and click on "recipes" These recipes all give weight as well as volume measure. Download only those that have a lot of stars (good feedback). Read the comments and choose for yourself. I like cakes that have milk but I use buttermilk in the same amount.

A good cake needs good technique. Start with the right kind of flour (each recipe says) and measure it by weighing. The butter and sugar and eggs have to be at room temperature to make a really good cake. Mix the flour into the batter carefully to keep the cake tender.

Then bake until the cake smells "done" Test gently--I use the test where a baked cake lightly springs back from a gentle touch with my finger. This test works even for heavy fruitcake.

I mix buttercream icing that is less sweet, but of various kinds. YES you may use ganache to fill between the cakes and to coat the cake before you add fondant.

AsmaAsif Posted 21 Oct 2012 , 1:23am
post #8 of 14

Ok to be specific.... I want the recipe for fondant coverd cake n filling so..
Can anyone share the recipe for...
White chocolate blueberry cake
With blueberry cheesecake filling ....
Or may be mouse...

Thnanku

AsmaAsif Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 12:14am
post #9 of 14

Omg such a big forum.. So many bakers ... No one wanna reply.
Shame

Cali820 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cali820 Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 4:29am
post #10 of 14

Did you see the Blueberry Cream Cheese Filling posted by Stacy Lambert?

2 cups blueberries (fresh or frozen)_
1/3 cup sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tsp vanilla extract

Combine the blueberries, sugar, cornstarch, and water in a pot. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and blueberries begain to break down. Allow to cool. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vinilla until well combined. Stir in the cooled blueberry mixture and refrigerate until ready to use.

AsmaAsif Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 5:22am
post #11 of 14

Thank you Cali.. No I did not see this... Can u tell me if I can use this as a crumb coat ?. For fondant?

irishgrl77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
irishgrl77 Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 7:12pm
post #12 of 14

I use Dunken Hines Moist cake mix for every cake I make and everyone compliments how moist the cake is, I have put fondant on it too, and it held up..

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 8:02pm
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsmaAsif

Thank you Cali.. No I did not see this... Can u tell me if I can use this as a crumb coat ?. For fondant?

Why would you want a filling to be a crumbcoat...particularly one that has blueberries (a.k.a lumps).

I can't believe anyone is buying into this thread!

AsmaAsif Posted 23 Oct 2012 , 8:12pm
post #14 of 14

Ok I thought after cooking n beating it will smooth enought to coat for fondant ... But I think u r right it will have Lumps

Will the white chocolate ganache work?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%