Beyond Frustrated! Imported Chocolate Nightmare.

Business By luvscakes Updated 19 Oct 2012 , 12:34am by luvscakes

luvscakes Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 5:50pm
post #1 of 5

I am so frustrated with the company that I use to get premade buckets of chocolate ganache. Albert Uster. The old product (my absolute FAV!!!!) was a dark chocolate ganache truffle filling. It was costly, but superior in taste and ingredients. I used it in half my flavor options on my menu.

It's been replaced with a cheap, terrible product that tastes like melted semi sweet chocolate chips. I love my sales lady, but I can't offer my clients this type of product.

I've been hunting around for another company that might have imported fillings, but can't seem to find any.

Do any of you know any other company that might sell Chocolate fillings that are imported from Europe?

Please help!!

4 replies
BakingIrene Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 8:21pm
post #2 of 5

I used google for the Callebaut site. They make ganache...

OK so that's the Canadian site. YOU use google to find your local distributor.

Evoir Posted 17 Oct 2012 , 11:30pm
post #3 of 5

I would suggest making your own ganachge using imported chocolate (if that is your taste preference).

pmarks0 Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 1:40am
post #4 of 5

Is this what your rep sold you instead?

I saw that their dark chocolate truffle filling was discontinued and they linked to this.

luvscakes Posted 19 Oct 2012 , 12:34am
post #5 of 5

Yes, the Braun is HORRIBLE!! That's what was sold to me.
I prefered this ganache as it was made without dairy. I used it in many of my recipes as well. It tasted exactly like the inside of a real Belgiun dark chocolate truffle.
As I said this product was unique- a high end restaraunt owner turned me on to it who lived in Paris and started a shop here. He needed a dairy free cake for his daughter. I have made my own ganache in the past but even using great chocolate, in paled in comparison to this stuff!

Thanks for the links, I did find a lead through Swiss Chalet Fine food imports icon_smile.gif I hope I have found it. Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%