Make A Princess Figure

Decorating By S-JK Updated 18 Oct 2012 , 7:51pm by S-JK

S-JK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
S-JK Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 7:30pm
post #1 of 3

Hi - I'm making a princess castle cake. Have the design of the castle cake so not a problem there. It needs a single, stood upright princess. I've looked and looked for tutorials on how to make a princess, searched the books I have and can find it nowhere. Any advice or direction to tutorials would be greatly greatly appreciated.
Sarah princess.gif

2 replies
mgostin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgostin Posted 16 Oct 2012 , 11:19pm
post #2 of 3

Hi Sarah,

I'm new to cake central and really appreciated the help from other users when I had a problem so just want to make sure I'm sharing the love.

When I make my figurines I base them around a support structure. So I will start with a long thin dowel or toothpick (depending on size of figurine) and then build the body of it. So shape the torso and plunge the stick through it with some edible glue. Same with the skirt. Make sure you have dowel poking through the bottom so you can plunge it into and out of the cake when your ready. You may also want to shape the arms around a toothpick and insert it into the torso.

If I have bent arms I shape them, let them dry, and glue them on to the body and let it dry with supports over night. That should do it.

In terms of learning about figurines if you search 'cake decorating figurines' on amazon there are heaps of books you can order with step by step guides.

Hope this has been helpful and goodluck! Post pictures and how to's so I can learn from you!

S-JK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
S-JK Posted 18 Oct 2012 , 7:51pm
post #3 of 3

Hi Madie,

thanks for this. I should have elaborated perhaps. I've made figurines before - teddy bears, fairy's and pole dancers! What I'm looking for is a design - a template if you will. I cant seem to find a picture of a stand alone princess.

Thanks for your input though. I've only been with CakeCentral for a week and I've found it an amazing source of information and inspiration.

Sarah

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%